Epilogue

Currently, I'm on a plane to New York. I was once again staring out the window fiddling with my leather necklace. I had finished college a year ago and was building up my career as an architect. As I suspected, Yale was a very big step in my career. 

It was impressive on my resume, and due to that, I had gotten multiple jobs designing company buildings for growing companies. My career was skyrocketing. There had always been something missing but, hopefully, it would all be fixed tomorrow. 

The plane moved out of the clouds and I could see New York City down below. Home, I thought wistfully. It had been almost 3 years since I had come back. I stopped coming home for holidays because I couldn't afford to lose focus for a few days. The work had paid off, but I missed my family.

As the plane descended my heart raced. I couldn't wait to see Bobby and Matthew and my dad. I was even excited to see Helen. I called a taxi and when it arrived I gave them my old address. The entire drive I was anxious. Would they be happy to see me? Would they be proud? Did they want me there at all?

I didn't have time to answer those questions because I arrived a lot faster than I expected. I got out of the taxi and saw them waiting for me. I got all my bags and walked up to them. "Hi. I'm back" I said.

Huge smiles broke out on their faces and my parents pulled me into a tight hug. They asked me a bunch of questions. Just the regular ones. How are you? How was college? Are you happy? 

That last one was a bit difficult to answer. I knew they could tell I hesitated, but they didn't ask why.

That day I surprised Bobby and Matthew because they had been at a friends house. They were surprisingly very happy to see me, which was relieving to say the least. I was happy to be back, having a familiar space around. It was comforting.

I had spent the entire day with my family mostly just talking about how everything was. I showed them pictures of buildings I had designed and they showed me pictures of funny holiday pictures they took.

I had been extremely tired by the time we had dinner. We ate and I told them I would be going to bed soon after. So as soon as we finished, I went to take a shower and get ready for bed.

I tried not stressing about the next day, but it was honestly the only thing I could think of.

It had taken me about an hour to fall asleep. I had been overthinking and couldn't fall asleep, but eventually I did. Right now, I'm deciding what to wear. I had decided on denim shorts with an orange shirt. The orange shirt was from the book series I used to read in the library. 

I paired it with Percy's sweater. It was the same one he gave me the day I left. It seems like that happened a lifetime ago. I wear that sweater as comfort. It gives me hope. I don't know for what, but when I have it I feel better.

I told my parents I would just drive around New York. Going around to see what has changed. I got into my dad's car and started driving. I thought I would need a GPS to get there, but that place had been burned into my mind. I was on my way to Montauk. 

I got there and took the place in. It was pretty empty. I was grateful for that. I started walking in the same direction as always, hoping it was the right place. I walked for about 7 minutes and saw him. He turned and gave me a huge smile. We ran to each other.

He wrapped his arms around me and I kissed him. Nothing else mattered. A tsunami could've come down on us and I wouldn't have cared. Because we were together. Finally together, after 5 years. 

I pulled away and hugged him tightly. I looked into his eyes. They were the same beautiful color they had always been. His lips tasted salty just as they used to. He looked happy and full of life. I smiled at him. "Hey Seaweed Brain". 

He smiled again and spun me around. "Gods I've missed you Wise Girl.". I kissed him again. "Well now you won't have to".

"I'm never letting go of you again Wise Girl. I don't want to lose you ever again.". I held his hands and he pulled me closer to him. 

"Me either. Never again". He pulled me into a kiss and I felt a very familiar melting sensation in my chest. He pulled away and put his forehead on mine. 

"Ready for another adventure?" I asked quietly. He smiled and kissed my forehead. "With you? Always".

"I love you Seaweed Brain." I told him with a kiss. 

"I love you too Wise Girl. Where do we begin?". I thought for a second.

"I have no idea. But we'll manage. We always do." He laughed and kissed me again. 

"Well for now let's just be together. This is the beginning of our future together. We'll wing it. Come on I've missed you." He said as he started pulling me away to walk on the beach with him. 

I laughed. Everything finally felt perfect. I didn't know what would happen, but I did know that me and Percy were meant to be together. I walked with him and felt fully happy. We were going to have a future together. And that was enough.