Thalia is My Fairy Godmother

"What are you thinking about Beth?" Thalia asked me from her bed. Currently, I was laying on her rug, staring at the ceiling. "Everything." I replied dryly. "Things aren't going well in paradise?" 

"No they're going great. That's the problem." Thalia walked in my direction and sat next to me. She had a confused expression on her face. "What do you mean? How on Earth is that a bad thing?" I was about to ignore her question and continue my ceiling staring. But this was driving me mad. I had to tell someone.

"Thalia you can keep a secret right?" I asked, sitting up. She looked at me with an expression that said, Obviously is that even a question with us? "Right sorry, stupid question. I know you can" I apologized. I knew telling her was a good idea. She would help make my decision clear.

"Thalia, I'm going to Yale next year. I'm not going to be here for senior year. Or this summer." I admitted, quietly. At first she looked shocked in a good way but then her expression turned into confusion. "How-" I cut her off. "Early admissions. Helen" 

She mouthed "Ohh". The thought about it for a second and then hugged me. "Congratulations Beth! That's amazing!" She said a bit loudly. I hugged her back then pulled away. She was smiling at me, but I couldn't return it. "What's wrong? This is great isn't it? Why are you keeping it a secret?" 

"Yes it is. This is great. But…" My voice faltered. I couldn't look her in the eye for some reason, so I just stared at the floor. "Is this about Percy?" I tried to answer, but my voice wouldn't work so I just nodded. "Annabeth, he won't be mad that you're leaving." 

"I know Thals. But he's so excited about us spending senior year together. I don't want to- What if he- I…" I didn't finish any of my sentences. But Thalia seemed to realize something. "So that's what this is about. You don't want him to be disappointed in you?" She said quietly. 

"Thalia all my life people have been disappointed in me. Percy has been the only exception. What if I tell him I'm leaving, and he's just another person I disappointed?" I went back to my original position. Laying on the rug, staring at the ceiling. 

"He won't be disappointed Beth. You out of all people should know this. You know he would be happy for you. Just tell him. I promise it'll go well." I nodded and stayed quiet. I knew she was right. I couldn't keep putting this off because if I did, I would never tell him.

"I'm watching movies at his house tomorrow. I think I'll tell him there. And this time I won't put it off." I said after a while of silence. I saw Thalia smile and I felt better. "That's my best friend" I laughed at that and suggested we watched something. Thalia chose "Game of Thrones". I didn't know what, but apparently it was good.

I used this as a distraction from what I was to do tomorrow. It was a good distraction, but the closer we got to the night the more anxious I got. The next day was nearing and I wasn't sure how to feel about that.

She dropped me off and I immediately showered and went to sleep. It took a while to actually fall asleep because I was too busy thinking about the different ways this could play out. But eventually I was able to fall asleep. 

The next morning I was as nervous as ever. My heart was pounding. I took a shower and got ready while I waited for Percy to pick me up. I checked my phone every 5 minutes waiting for him to say he was here. 

After about 20 minutes of waiting he was here. My heart beat faster if that was even possible. I went down trying to stall as much as I could, but it wasn't enough. Soon I was at the front door with my hand on the door knob.

I opened and was greeted with my favorite pair of sea-green eyes. I couldn't tell if my worries were fading away or getting worse. But I smiled back at him and closed the door behind me. "Hi Percy"