I Want Sally Jackson To Adopt Me

The drive to his house was normally pretty long, so I decided to do it right then and there. And hope that he doesn't get distracted enough to crash the car. "Hey Percy, can we talk?". 

"Yeah sure." I moved a bit in my seat and turned so my body was kind of facing him. "So you know how next year is our senior year?". His eyes immediately lit up. "Yeah I'm really excited". Seeing him this happy made me even more reluctant to tell him the news. 

"Well the thing is, I won't be here next year…". His smile faded and he seemed confused. "What do you mean you won't be here?" Can't back out now. 

"College's do early admissions right? Well Helen sent an application for one of those colleges. It was Yale". He seemed to realize where this was going.

"And you obviously got in because your grades are top notch and considering what we have gone through this past year, it must've been easy for Helen to write the admission essay." He was taking this a lot better than I thought he would.

"This is a huge opportunity for you which you can't ignore. And this opportunity must have something to do with architecture because knowing you, you wouldn't go if it didn't." My jaw slightly dropped. I decided to not underestimate Percy. He was a lot smarter than most people know and I guess I forgot too.

"Yeah that basically explains every part of it." He nodded. "So you're not mad or… disappointed?" I asked quietly.

He laughed and looked at me. "Why would I be disappointed at the fact that my amazing girlfriend got into Yale?".

"I don't know. It's just- You were so excited for us to spend senior year together and I won't be here. I didn't want you to be disappointed." Percy smiled at me and I felt… silly in a way. Worrying when I didn't need to.

"Annabeth it's okay if we don't spend senior year together. At least we have the summer right?" He asked hopefully. 

"Well about that… we don't". His hopeful smile faded away once again. "What? So when do you leave?" I checked my phone to look at the plan Helen sent me. 

"Helen said she would book me a plane ticket to leave the first week of July. She wants me to get to know the place so things are easy there" 

"So we have roughly a month and two or three weeks". I nodded and put my hand on Percy's shoulder. 

"Well then let's make the most of it." Percy said with a smile as he parked the car in front of his apartment building. We entered and as we made our way to his complex I apologized one more time for not telling him sooner. 

"It's okay Beth, don't worry about it. But you should probably tell my mom cause she adores you". He was so easy going about this, I couldn't believe I was ever scared to tell him. 

We made it to his apartment and when we walked in I immediately felt relaxed. Something about his apartment felt more like home than my real one.

I explained everything to Sally after 2 minutes of us entering and she was sad, but happy for me and proud. The fact that Sally would be sad I wouldn't be around was comforting to say the least.

After about 3 hours we started watching movies and I felt so at peace. My boyfriend supported me no matter what, I had a real mother figure in my life who was proud of me, and I had a good feeling for the future. I just didn't know if Percy would still be by my side during it.

I hoped he would but you never know with these types of things. The only thing I could do now was hope. 

I snuggled into Percy's chest and sighed in content. He kissed the top of my forehead and after a few movies I fell asleep.