two - perish

you woke up early in the morning, while the house was a mess.

your phone blew up with notifications and phone calls. you rubbed your eyes, answering the 30th phone call.

"h-he- yawn -llo?" you asked.

"GEEZ, WHEN DO YOU WAKE UP?" sakusa yelled. you pulled your phone away from your ear, fully awake now.

"sakusa, shut up. what's up?" you asked.

"READ THE DAMN NEWS, AND COME TO WORK RIGHT NOW." he hung up. you checked your phone and saw the news.

'assistant rumored to secretly date MSBY black jackals' atsumu?"

"are. you. joking."

*****

"she's finally here." sakusa sighed, putting his mask back on.

"hey hey hey, y/n!" bokuto screeched.

"y/n...the rumors. they're starting to get out of hand. we'll deal with it so you take care of the meeting with kozume." the coach ordered. you bowed your head and slouched, sighing.

"well, i'm guessing someone saw us at the hotel yesterday." hinata commented.

"oh, yeah. probably." atsumu agreed.

"well y/n! you're meeting kenma alone? have fun. he used to be so quiet as a kid. now he's more confident!" bokuto said, flexing his muscles.

boku sak yn ats sho
^ ^ ^ ^ ^
('<')/ (-_-)(-.-)(^-^)(•>•)

you quietly walked to the meeting room, sitting down and waiting for kenma to show up. hopefully you wouldn't embarrass yourself or scare him off.

what if the rumors shooed him away from sponsoring you guys? you'd probably lose your job.

"i pray. that i can live for another day." you sarcastically sighed. then you turned around to see kenma in his bun walking in.

holy. he looks really good in a man bun and a hoodie. surprisingly he doesn't wear anything formal.

"so, i'm guessing your replacing the coach?" kenma asked sitting down.

"yeah. " you nodded taking out your clipboard to take notes.

"okay, well starting off, i'll have you or another employee advertise on social media. i'll mention it in my livestreams...."

you took notes as fast as your hand could take you. for some reason, you felt as if it was harder and more distracting.

"you know, you kind of suck at taking notes." he sighed, tucking his hair behind his ear.

"i-"

"i'll email you the rest tonight." he saluted, smiling.

"okay, thanks...." you dropped your head, letting it hang helplessly as you rubbed your eyes.

"are you the girl from jozenji?" he tilted his head.

"uh, yeah! how do you remember?" you asked.

"i don't. kuroo just told me about you and how you miserably fell holding water bottles while running to them during training camp." he chuckled.

your soul and life left your body as kenma chuckled and left.

"urgh, uh kenma? want to have lunch?"

"no, i'm going to go play video games." he said heading for the door.

"then tell kuroo for me, to perish." you sinisterly smiled.

"that, i can do."

and he disappeared from the room. you then slid down from your chair.

this month is going to be a lonnnnng month. kuroo. please perish. if you don't i will find you myself.

***

"she asked me to tell you to perish." kenma said over the phone playing his video games.

"all of the sudden? what for?" kuroo frantically asked.

"i may have told her about how you talk about her. especially the times she fell." kenma held in a laugh.

"kEnma!" kuroo yelled in defeat.

"sorry. it just came out of me for some reason." kenma shrugged.

"do you know HOW SCa- wait. it just came out of you? the smart, quiet, loyal kenma i know said it just came out of you? tell me more." he soon quieted down.

"she asked me to lunch." kenma said.

"and? did you?"

"nah. i wanted to play video games." kenma said.

"you said she was interesting though. then you refuse to eat lunch with her?"

"i have my priorities. what about you? don't you have work or something?" kenma said, becoming salty.

"yeah, duh. but i'm free right now. also, have you seen the rumors about y/n dating atsumu?!"

"yeah, but it's probably fake. she's definitely not dating atsumu. i could tell by the way she acted around him yesterday." he shrugged.

"wow, psychologist kenma is calling me." kuroo teased. kenma then did not hesitate to hang up on kuroo, leaving him offended.