six - cookies

you were officially at kenma's house, assisting him. doing paper work, etc.

"hey, eyes on the paper. not around my house." kenma sighed.

"okay, okay." you said. kenma's house amused you too much for you to stop looking. you expected some small apartment that was messy.

but his house was pretty organized and pretty.

"so, have you dated anyone before?" you asked curiously. kenma stopped in his tracks and looked up at you.

crap, did i get on his nerves he looks concerned and scary.

"sigh, no. i haven't. i have no interest." kenma answered. you kind of poured at his answer.

"ooh...okay. well do you go to places besides your house?" you asked, again.

"yeah. the work building." kenma answered working.

"oh. well do you keep up with anyone besides kuroo and yaku?" you asked.

"yep. shoyo." he said, making you fold in the inside. he was really dry and focused on work. how were you going to get to know him better??

"well, do you have any-"

"work." kenma ordered. you saluted and continued to assist him. it was just awkward silence after.

man, i wish i knew him better. i don't know my boss but he's around my age...augh.

"well, you're done with work today. come tomorrow at the same time." kenma said. and in a second you were outside of his house and he closed the door on you.

"wow. what a day." you stretched.

kenma was secretly watching you through the window trying to see how you felt about this.

he wanted to know if you were annoyed, amused, tired, happy, excited or what.

"well, maybe tomorrow i should come in comfy clothes." you yawned. but then you froze not being able to move.

"how do i get home?" you scratched your head. you whipped out your phone calling terushima so he could pick you up.

"hey, what's....up?" terushima asked. something was off. he was groaning?

"are you...are you doing something naughty with someone?" you widened your eyes. it was probably that girl he met in college. kiyoko's sister.

"m-maybe...." you could feel his smirk through the phone. you hung up immediately, hearing way too much.

"ugh, jeez." you scrolled through your contacts. who else was there to contact. you couldn't ask atsumu or anything.

"you know, what? let's just look for a bus." you sighed, leaving kenma's property.

*****

"so, how was the job?" terushima asked over the phone.

"it's so tiring! i'm like his errand boy. he's like the coach but lazier." you complained.

"so? are you going to quit?" terushima asked.

"what?! no! he's interesting, but a little annoying, but amusing, and interesting..." you ranted.

"well, you're telling me you'll continue to work like this?" terushima cleared.

"yeah. why not. i need a job and i enjoy being an assistant. so i guess i'll just get extra exercise." you cheered.

"how the fuck can you be so calm and optimistic when he's making you run around." terushima rolled his eyes.

"hm...i mean it's worth it."

"...."

"i got to know a little bit about him. he's never been in a relationship and he has a big house. plus he's really interesting!" you sparkled and fluttered.

you weren't sure if you were crushing on him, but you enjoyed being his assistant.

"...simp." terushima commented, hanging up.

"hmph. says the one who answered my call in bed." you spat at the phone. you wanted to get kenma in a good mood and maybe even impress him.

i mean he was your boss.

"let's bake some cookies." you snickered.

*****

"hello, boss!" you yelled bursting through the door.

kenma flinched and almost fell off his chair.

"you came back." he said calmly getting back up.

"yup! of course. and i'm wearing comfier clothes for your errands." you bowed.

"no need. that was just a test." kenma waved his hand.

"test?!" you furrowed your eyebrows.

"yeah, usually people work with me because i'm a pro gamer and youtuber so i make them run errands to shoo them away." kenma explained.

(0.0)

"oh." you stood like a soldier.

"well, you passed. so today you can just assist me in meetings and stuff." kenma scratched his hair.

"okay! well uhm, i got some cookies for you." you handed him the box of cookies.

"thanks." kenma grabbed the box and took one.

he chewed for a long time and swallowed.

"is it good?" you smiled hopefully.

"eh. it's decent." kenma sniffed.

(•_•')

"oh, okay.....well. anything i need to work on?" you asked kenma.

"can you bring this to msby's coach?" kenma asked, tossing you the keys to his car. your face gleamed and you stuck a thumbs up.

probably because of the fact he trusted you to drive his car.