A Little too Late

Russia kicked open the door with a shovel in one hand and his pipe in another. He kicked the door shut calling out, "Poldeshnick, I'm home!". He gingerly went down the stairs to his basement. He turned on a bright light and shined into no other than a tied up america's face who looked up at him.

"It's a little too late, I am a little too gone..." he sang. He crouched down in front of her and delicately cupped her face, "i'm a little too tired of this hanging on.." America started to argue but he put one finger against her mouth to shush her which received him an angry eye roll. "So I am letting go while am still strong enough to" he removed his hand and stared her before standing up and moving to the side as his ushanka partially hid his face to sing her ear, "it has got a little too sad, i'm a little too blue, it's a little too bad you were too good to be true." America looked at him and leaned in before she tried to bite him. One step closer and you'd be missing that giant nose, commie, She thought.

He moved around her to say, "I'm big time over you baby, it's a little too late" She looked miffed until she looked over and her eyes widened to see a shovel, a trench, & mortar. He isn't that crazy is he?...... Yes, yes he is. She thought as her mouth fell agape. "No, I don't want to talk about what we can do about us anymore" he said as he took off his tan coat and looked at her a bit regretfully.

"the only time you will be wasting is the time it takes to walk right out that door" he stated as he began to turn on water & run it into the trench. Amelia for her part was trying to keep it together. He made a pun of sorts and smiled like it was cool, "they talk about water under the bridge, you should know by now, lapushka, that is all this is." He stood up leaving it running, turned around and spun back around with his pipe in hand and began to walk towards her, "it's a little too late, i am a little too gone, a little too tired of hanging on". With that he swung his pipe, America flinched and turned around to only hear a thud. She turned around and squinted her eyes open to see him opening a bag of mortar. He stooped down to meet her face as he grabbed the bag, "I am letting go while I am still strong enough to". She breathed out , At least he is not that crazy..., she tried to calm herself down. Noticing her panic he just smiled at her as he dumped the bag into the water, "it's got a little too sad, i'm a little too blue, it's a little too bad you were too good to be true." He waved his arms and pointed at her as he declared that he was over her for good. For some reason she didn't believe him as he pulled a sheet off a stack of bricks and dust and pieces of brick flew everywhere. She turned so it wouldn't get into her face.

Russia stood on one side of the room as he began to stack bricks with lines of mortar across the basement floor building a wall. When it started to get dark on his side he hung a light from the ceiling. When the wall was halfway built he started chatting, "there was a time when I would take you back every time, don't you know, da?" He reached for brick after brick and the wall growed as America watched with silence. He continued to tell her off, "that was two packs of vodka, a sleepless night, a nervous wreck ago." He worked diligently on the wall and steadily it began to grow again.

He started to get a bit miffed again, "now you have no business coming around.." She didn't bother to tell the darn fool she, in fact, had not come here, he brought her here. She saw him peek his head over the wall, he still had his ushanka on his head and was pointing at her childishly before shutting the light on her side down, "I am closing up shop, shutting us down!" he yelled. If she didn't know better would have been a bit cute. Cute? Was she going crazy? He repeated again as he started to close up the wall, "it's a little too late, i'm a little too gone, i'm a little too tired of just hanging on, so i'm letting go while i'm still strong enough to ." America still looked anxious but was keeping it together for the most part. She sighed and shook her head at him as he talked, "it's a little too sad, i'm a little too blue, it's a little too bad you were too good to be true.." She wished he would stop saying that, she was going to cry, she still cared for the big guy, even if she didn't know why.

As he put the last brick in place he repeated for the last time, "i am big time over you, lapushka, it's a little too late." She tilted her head to the side and looked at the wall confused, if he was doing that thing it that one Edgar Allen Poe story then shouldn't she be on the other side? She thought he was smarter than that. From the other side of the wall she heard him, "How do you like it there, polsedeshnick? Can you hear me? This is the only way, doragory!", he pointed at her through the wall "I am better off without you!"

On the other side, America was wondering when he would realize he had bricked himself in and not her.

He continued to yell from the other side, "Finally! Peace and Quiet! Hey, you have a big mouth, you know da?" She gave an angry smile and tugged barely on the rope causing it to snap as he went on, "Proschay, devochki! Your fathers a pain in the neck and your cooking stinks like his!" Whatever consideration America had about helping the fool was lost. She was a perfectly good cook! She did not talk too much! Well she would make sure he didn't have to hear her again, safe behind that wall! (Proschay-Goodbye)

On the other side of the wall he was smiling his usual creepy smile until it faded away as he looked around and noticed that he was inside the wall, not her, "wait a minute-." He pushed on the wall to see that he was trapped. Hearing his realization she rolled her eyes. "Oh, goodness." she said with exasperation as she turned to walk up the stairs.

He leaned on the wall with a nervous smile and looked around, "uh, poldeshnick...You know me and my temper, lapushka, I did not mean anything by that, dorogaya. I just kinda snapped for a minute, uh," At the bottom of the stairs she turned around to give a glare and exasperated look at the wall and him behind it before she bumped the record he had playing making it stop playing. "Hello? You take a joke, da? Can we discuss this? We've had little fights like this before, da? We can work it out, da? Ya llyebu tebya!" At his declaration she turned and glared at the wall again, making her hands make the jabbering motion, he was the one who talked too much! Of course they had fights like this, this was only the 100th time he had done something like this and frankly she was done with his shenanigans. As she strutted back into the house, she made a plan to dump his vodka down the drain and eat all the pelemi and mayonnaise. She would show him!

On the other side of the wall Russia was freaking out a bit, " You still there poldeshnick? You know me and my temper, lapushka...Hello? dermo...Hello! Help! Is someone out there, Da!?" Two days later Belarus heard him and broke the wall down and demanded that he marry her. In short he wished the wall was back again.