prologue

☆Author's Note☆

I suppose you don't have to read the prologue, and you could skip to the first chapter. It's basically just an exploded moment of the description. However the story might make more sense to you if you read it, and if not, it will still be here if you decide to come back to read it. Note this will also be a somewhat short chapter since it is only the prologue. C:

Italicized words are thoughts! (EXAMPLE: a taco sounds delicious right about now.)

🙤 · ┈┈┈┈┈┈ · ꕥ · ┈┈┈┈┈┈ · 🙦

Beeping of the monitor filled your eardrums, the silent room enhanced any other sounds that would have happened to make an entrance into your ears as you were drifting in and out of slumber.

You lie there, on your death bed, after living a life full of memories. Not a single regret, whether something you did, or didn't do. You were completely content with how your life went as an animator for popular anime's.

You worked hard on each one. Putting your mind, body, and soul into each artistic masterpiece you created.

Memories of time you spent with your friends, family, and companions flooded into your mind. Oh, how you missed them. Well, you'd be with them soon, in heaven.

The only thing you somewhat were disappointed in with the life you had lived, was the fact that you were never able to find a lover. Someone who would comfort you as you wept, someone to comfort as they cried. Someone to hold you close on stormy nights, to kiss your hands and bring you flowers. Someone who you could draw pictures of and show them with pride.

Someone to go on midnight drives with, go out to eat, laugh with forever. Someone to tell all your deepest secrets too on late nights while sipping tea or coffee, and listening to some music.

Most importantly, someone to gaze at the stars with after a long drive into an open field, far away from all sources of light except the sky. All your heart yearned for was someone to love. But you never found the one you felt so attached to.

Your heart longed for someone to love, but not just anybody. Your heart craved someone specific, and much to your dismay you were never able to find that special someone your heart ached for.

It did pain you, however you always knew you didn't need someone to make yourself feel special, to be able to love yourself and life. You had loved everyday of your life, without a doubt.

Unfortunately now, you were getting too old. Only a month ago you had been put in a hospital nearby your old home. The home you spent so many days in. Gaming with friends, watching TV, sleeping, playing with your Labrador dogs Hoover and Bella, and animating for the job you were so passionate about.

You knew you were going to die here shortly. The past few days you'd been sleeping for unusually long periods of time. Memories from the life you lived, now the life that was almost over, ached your soul. Not because they were sad, but more like you didn't want it to end.

You know what they say, that the memories of life flash before your eyes it's your time to leave the earth.

Tears pricked the corners of your eyes, as your facial expressions struggled to form a weak smile. Oh, how you would miss this world that had been so kind and gentle towards you. Though kind to you, you desperately wanted to help those who struggled in this world. Any kind of struggle. You wanted to help them to the best of your abilities. Sadly, you couldn't do much. Although you had a fortunate adulthood, you childhood was a lost cause. Or what little childhood you had.

As you were always expected to be more mature than your other peers. Being quiet in class always made the teachers pet without even knowing. You were always a "pleasure to have in class", but in reality you were far behind on your social skills, and suppressed what little personality you had to continue to hold that title and please your parents.

This had raised your parents standards for you through the roof: Perfect grades, don't disturb the class, do your homework as soon as you arrive home, etc.-- the list goes on.

That's when your art talent began to develop. Through your teary eyes, on the nights you were scolded by your parents, after arriving back in your room you'd open a sketch book or find a blank page. And begin drawing, letting out your emotions. Conveying them someway into art.

Art was really the only thing that comforted you as a child. It may seem sad to others, but it didn't to you. You loved drawing with all your heart. It was your comfort that took away the sadness for a brief time.

Your breathing became increasingly uneasy. The thought that any breath now could be your last didn't terrify you. Instead you almost felt relieved. Aside from hoping that it wouldn't hurt.

It gave you a nice warm fuzzy feeling on the inside that you could go out peacefully after living your life to the best it could be. That, or it was the lightweight comforter on the bed the warmed your frame. Or the way the beeping monitor that expressed your heartbeat, was slowly decreasing.

You closed your eyes. Your breath slowed. You were ready. Taking in one last shaky breath, then you let out a long sigh.

You sat up gasping for air. Am I in heaven? What happened? Am I dead? Is this the afterlife? Seas of questions rushed to your mind.

You took a moment to assess your surroundings. You were no longer in the hospital. However you were in a room that you knew. It seemed so familiar.

You were in a white room. Wall's filled with pictures of people, whom you did not remember.

Fairy lights hung all up around the rooms outer ceiling, letting the room have some light in the darkness.

You spotted a window, and a clock.

3:01am

3 in the morning.

To make sure your eyes weren't fooling you, you took a look out the blinds of the window. It was indeed night time.

Was dying a nightmare? Had you dreamt your future, or another life? Looking around the room frantically trying to find a mirror. You spotted a small circular mirror on a desk and rushed over to look at your reflection.

This was not the you, you remember. But it is you. Just not the one from the life you had just experienced.

That life you just lived, was all a dream. Your brain constructed an entire existence in another reality. How you knew it was another reality? A strong gut feeling. You always knew to trust your intuition with confidence.

You always had a knack for guessing things. Or well, the "past" you, the you from another life.

Realizing you were alive was like the weight of the world lifted off your shoulders. Even though your mind had accepted the idea, your heart had not.

You sat back down on the bed trying to comprehend the situation you were in.

You remembered nothing from this life. The life before that nightmare, yet a blessing.

Looking around for anything that might jog your memory, you spotted a phone on your nightstand beside your bed. It was connected to a charger that plugged into the outlet of a wall.

So you reached your hand out to grab it.