chapter 20.

🙤 · ┈┈┈┈┈┈ · ꕥ · ┈┈┈┈┈┈ · 🙦

The testing gate. At least that's what the Zoldyck family called it. You were unsure what you were supposed to do, however, your mother seemed rather calm in from of the large structure.

The gate began to open from the other side, and Killua walked through the tall door's frame.

"Oh, Killua! There you are! I was wondering when you'd come out." Your mother gave him a warm smile, in which he returned.

"Hey, [Y/n]." His ocean like eyes met yours and you were able to contain the blush threatening to emerge on your features, thankfully.

"Hey Killua," You managed to reply. "Uh, do we go inside now?" 

Killua chuckled at your question and motioned for you to come with him after waving a goodbye to your mother.

Walking through the gate, the first thing you were met with was a fairly large creature with the features of a wolf. It was huge.

You almost fainted from seeing the creature at first. Killua seemed to notice your discomfort and spoke up.

"Oh, don't mind him/her/them." 

{a/n: I don't know the gender of that large wolf thing, i'm sorry ;-;}

The wolf-like creature seemed rather calm and comforable around you. Just the opposite of how you reacted to it.

Continuing to walk down a forest like path, you started to wonder just how long it would take until finally arriving at the actual house.

The forest was beautiful, you'd admit to that. The way the green leaves wrapped around the brown barks of the trees, and shimmered in the slowly rising moonlight.

For the entirety of the walk you'd been walking behind Killua, struggling to carry your stuff until he offered a hand. Then he ended up taking everything you were carrying into his own arms, even though you'd told him you can handle yourself. He insisted.

Approaching the entrance of the mansion-like house, you spotted three different people awaiting your arrival. 

Two fairly tall men were glaring daggers in your direction. One of the men had white hair with cat like eyes, and the other had straight black hair -and for the most part- an expressionless face.

The last person was a woman. You could tell by the dress she was wearing, though, you couldn't see her face. She almost looked robotic.

"[Y/n]." The white-haired man's words had intimidated you, almost to the point where you froze up. Luckily, you managed to croak at a hum as you akwardly stood there, hoping that was enough to satisfy the murderous arua that seemed to be surrounding the man.

The woman looked to Killua with a loving smile on her face. Then she looked in your direction with clear frown embedded on her face. 

These people don't seem to like you too much, and it didn't seem like they wanted to try to.

Now looking at the last person that had been obviously staring, the expressionless man. He had big black eyes, like ones that people would see in nightmares.

Instead of speaking a single word, he only continued to terrify you with his stare. 

It wasn't even an interested stare, it was a judgemental stare.

Unknown to you, Killua had been starring daggers to the rest of his family -which you had yet to figure out- while you'd been surrounded by their illegal intentions.