chapter 12.

🙤 · ┈┈┈┈┈┈ · ꕥ · ┈┈┈┈┈┈ · 🙦

You groggily awake from your slumber to see the morning sun shining through the blinds of your window. How long had you been asleep? You knew for sure you hadn't eaten dinner last night, not to mention the fact that your stomach was now begging for some food right about now.

You reluctantly got out of the comfort and warmth of your bed. The morning chills hit you, even though you were still wearing sweatpants and a hoodie.

Your hands rubbed the sides of each of your arms as you walked to your door. Using one hand to swiftly open the door just enough to slip through and into the hall. You headed to the kitchen to feed your pleading stomach.

In the kitchen you saw a sight you'd never thought you'd see before.

There sat your mom and Killua, chatting up a conversation. You panicked and tried to tip toe away from their presence before they noticed you were awake, but you were too late.

"[Y/n]! You're finally up sweetie. Look who's here!" She said, as her hand gestured to Killua sitting in front of her. He threw a sweet smile in your direction. You tried your best to be polite and smile back, but to be honest, it was too early to be talking and smiling for your taste. You just wanted some food for crying out loud.

"Killua here had been here for a while, waiting for you too wake up. He wants to take you somewhere special!~" Your mother sung. She seemed genuinely excited that Killua wanted to take you somewhere, you could hear it in her voice and see it in her eyes.

"Well, where is 'somewhere special'?" You know you didn't want to walk into this blindly, especially the way your mother emphasized the last few words. By now all your attention was averted towards this conversation, leaving your stomachs cries for food left in the dust.

Your mother gave a look to Killua, as if asking him a question. You only stood confused, while watching as the two exchanged those expressions. He shot a look  back, and your mother stayed quiet to allow Killua to answer your question himself.

"Well, I wanted to take you to a café today, it's relatively small and lively."

"Oh! um, sure. It sounds fun. What time is it? And I'd have to get dressed before we go." You had a faint rosy tint painted on your cheeks as you couldn't help but think of this as a date. You only hoped that no one would notice the light blush on your face.

Killua beamed at your response, "It's about 10:28am. So, It'll be kind of a brunch thing you could say."

"Okay, I'll go get dressed now, then we can go." You rushed to your room and rummaged through your closet and drawers for some semi-decent clothes to wear out in public. Something other than your regular sweatpants and hoodie because those are mostly for school and home. Because lets be honest, you were always too lazy to dress up for school.

You finally came across some nice black jeggings and a nice, white, long-sleeved tight, button up sweater, and tried your best to efficiently put them on in a short amount of time.

You rushed to put on your shoes, brush your hair, and brush your teeth.

Now running back into the dining room where Killua and your mother were sitting, you were ready to go.

"I'm ready." You spoke, interrupting their small talk so that they would acknowledged your small frame standing in the hallway.

"You look beautiful [Y/n]." Killua spoke. He gave you a warm smile as he stood up, signifying he was also ready to leave. You blushed at his words.

"Thank you Killua,"

"Yes you do! Have great time you two." Your mom agreed, her excitement clearly shining through in her words.