chapter 14.

🙤 · ┈┈┈┈┈┈ · ꕥ · ┈┈┈┈┈┈ · 🙦

1 week had already passed since you lost your memory and slowly started to regain it. 1 week turned to 2, and 2 turned into 3. You took note you still had Killua's hoodie. He hadn't asked for it back yet, so you assumed he'd forgotten about it.

To be honest, you didn't want to give Killua his hoodie back. But it was starting to lose his scent since you started wearing it so much in your free time. You were going to wear it to school today and give it back to him, whether you wanted to or not. Just maybe, if you had the courage, you'd ask if you could have it back after Killua's scent was imprinted on it again.

But that scenario was highly unlikely.

You threw on a tank top and some leggings. Being sure you put on Killua's hoodie afterward.

After eating some breakfast, you brushed your teeth, hair, and put on your shoes. The ding of your phone caught your attention and you glanced down to read the message.

------
6:01am
Gon:
"Remember, you don't need your backpack today! See you! \ (••) /"
------

By now you'd figured out all the people in your contacts, and changed them to their actual names-- aside from Killua's. You kind of liked it being 'Marshmallow'. So you kept it.

Why don't I need my backpack today? I'm not sure if he's being serious or not.. but I guess I'll go with it.

You texted Gon back saying 'okay', before walking out the door of your home. On your way out your mother looked as if she was about to ask why you didn't have your backpack, but then she glanced at her phone and threw you a smile, saying 'Have fun!'.

What an odd day this has been so far..

You were on your way to school and you were glad your brought Killua's hoodie-- not because you had to give it back to him, but because it was getting progressively colder out these past few weeks. And Killua's hoodie was thick and warm.

You were getting annoyed at the nagging feeling you were forgetting something as you walked. You knew it was your backpack, but for the life of you the feeling wouldn't go away.

It felt weird walking to school without the weight of the school supplies being carried on your back.

On your walk you saw a familiar group of friends waiting on the sidewalk.

Were your eyes fooling you, or was that actually Gon, Killua, Leorio, and Kurapika? You squinted your eyes in hopes to see them better. They were only a few blocks away. The boy dressed in all green turned his head to look at you. Then began furiously waving and yelling your name.

Okay, that's definitely them.

You began jogging up to them, "Hey guys! Why aren't you at the school gate??"

"Remember? We always ditch school to go to the mall once a month! And today happens to be that special day! Better have your money!~" Leorio sung with a smile.

"Oh, I see." Was all you managed to respond with. You didn't like the idea of ditching school, but it did sound fun to miss school.

Killua interrupted, "I'll pay for everyone."

Everybody protested against this, saying they could pay for themselves. It was no use though, Killua suggested that you all could pay him back whenever you saw fit. So, your group reluctantly gave in to the idea.

Leorio begins to walk over to his car, that was parked in a nearby parking lot of a building and hopped in. Gesturing for everyone else to have a seat as well.