chapter 11.

🙤 · ┈┈┈┈┈┈ · ꕥ · ┈┈┈┈┈┈ · 🙦

Friday's day at school finally came to an end as you walked back to your house, eagerly wanted to get home.

Walking into your home, the familiar scent filled your senses and gave you a warm feeling of satisfaction.

"Hey dear, how was school today?" Your mother asked as you walked up to her.

"It was good, I'm really excited it's Friday though." She let out a small giggle.

"Well, I expected that." She let out a small sigh, "Anything interesting happen today?"

"Well- nothing too interesting.." You purposely didn't tell her about the drawing Killua saw of himself, obviously. That would mean that you would have to tell her about the drawing, and possibly show her-- you didn't like the idea of that. In fact, you greatly despised it.

"Alright," Silence consumed the living room after she spoke. Not the kind of silence that was unbearably awkward with tension lingering in the background, but the kind that usually was followed by thoughts in someone's mind. Your mother thought of anything else to ask to continue the conversation, and ended up going with the typical parent decision, "Any homework?"

"No, thankfully. Homework on Fridays is just unreasonable. But I know some teachers do hand out homework on Friday. I don't like the teachers that do that, but luckily none of my teachers do that."

"Well that's good."

You fiddled with your fingers as you stood next to your mother, who was seated on the couch per usual. You weren't nervous, no. You just wanted the conversation to end. Which usually is such a difficult feeling because you're never sure if the person you were engaged in conversation with felt the same. So it always made you feel extremely rude, and frustrated.

Your mother seemed to notice your behavior and took the hint of your fiddling fingers and eye contact-avoiding. "You can go up to your room if you want. Dinner should be ready around 5:30-6pm. If you're wondering, we're having chicken fettuccine alfredo."

"Thanks mom. Sounds good." You said as you headed for the door to your room.

You walked into your room and let out a sigh, and took off your shoes and backpack. You took out your sketchbook and threw it onto your bed for later use.

You were tired of wearing the clothes you had been wearing all day, because now, they just radiated 'I've been to school, and now you'll still feel like you're at school'.

So you quickly changed into some fresh sweatpants, and a hoodie you found in your closet. Walking over to your bed, you plopped down on the comfortable mattress. Covering yourself with the fuzzy covers.

Your eyes glanced to the Sketchbook before deciding to grab it.

You hesitantly opened up to the only page that had been drawn on, recalling the embarrassing event from earlier today. You closed your eyes, replaying exactly what had happened just earlier that day, and just maybe overexaggerating the reaction from Killua. You internally wailed and scolded yourself. Of course, why didn't I remember the drawing of Killua was in the sketchbook?!

You opened your eyes and was met with the drawing yet again. You didn't hate the drawing, no. It's just now every time you look at it you'll feel that same embarrassment, and your face will flush a rosy pink.

Suddenly, your body went weak and your mind spiraled as it recalled an event. A memory.

!flashback!

Walking down the sidewalk of a park. The view was simply flawless. There was a fountain spewing beautiful clear water. It sparkled in the setting sun.