Chapter 25

"You're asking me to leave and break up with you?" Jazen asked in between of his sobs. "Hell no, Ara."

"Jazen, please.. I'm begging you." I said as I wipe these tears off my face.

"Do you think it's easy for me to tell the words you want to hear from me?" He said. "No, Ara. It's not easy. And it will never be."

"I know! I know!" I can't help but to shout trying to endure the pain. "But this is the only way to make everything alright without hurting anyone.. without hurting you.."

"This isn't the only the only way.." he said loosing his strength. "You don't have to leave me.. You can just leave the country without leaving me.." he said in a soft voice as he held my hands.

"I'm sorry.." I said as I walked away from him leaving him crying with his tears falling to the ground. I then drove myself home just as what Ali told me. When I got home, I changed my clothes then I lay down on my bed to take some rest but instead of taking a rest, I found myself crying in pain, blaming myself for everything that has happened.

"Ara?" I heard someone called my name, trying to wake me up from sleeping. Sinubukan kong idilat ang mata ko upang makita kung sino ang gumigising sa akin. "You cried again?"

"I thought ako yung susundo sa'yo sa school, Ali?" I asked.

"I called Jill to pick me up nalang para makapagpahinga ka. She's worried din kasi sayo." Ali said. "I also want to apologize for telling Jazen without asking you first."

"That's fine, no worries." I said then I smiled. "Actually, that helped me nga para magkaroon ng lakas ng loob na kausapin si Jazen."

"How are you feeling na? How did it went?" Jill asked.

"He doesn't want me to break up with him." I said. "So I asked him to.." said I then I once again found myself crying on Jill's arm.

"It's fine to cry yourself out.." Jill said while she's caressing my back. "Everything will be alright in time. You did great. You just proved how strong you are to make things fine."

"Always remember that we're here to support you in everything." Ali said then she hugged me which made me burst in tears.

"I'm really thankful for the both of you." I said wiping my tears.

"Always, Ara." Jill said. "But, care to tell me what really happened. Ali told me the story in a not detailed way."

"Dad wants me to study abroad. Leaving the country behind, including my friends and loved ones." I said.

"Yun lang pala. You can go back here after studying." Jill said.

"For good." I said which made the smile on Jill's lips fade away.

"Ohh." Jill reacted. "Why don't you ask them to leave you here nalang?" asked Jill.

"They told me na if hindi ako sasama sa ibang bansa with them, I won't be studying law anymore. Instead, I'll study architecture." I explained. "But, I think, even though sasama ako sa kanila sa ibang bansa, Architecture pa rin ang uwi ko."

"Why? I thought?" Ali asked.

"Architect ang parents ko. They want me na ipagpatuloy yung legacy ng pamilya." sabi ko.