Chapter 29

Eleven years have passed, and I'm living the life I've dreamed of. The life that I've fought for and the dream I cried for. Who would've thought that I will achieve success despite all those pain and heart breaks.  Now, I'm peacefully living the moment that I can finally say, 'the long wait is over."

"Come in." I said when I heard a knock.

"Good day, Miss Gonzales. Architect Guanzon is looking for you." my secretary told me.

"Please tell her I'll be there in a minute." I said. "Thank you."

I then fixed my things after my secretary left the room. After fixing my things, I headed out of my office to see Jill.

"Ara!" Jill said then she stood up from the couch. She hugged me then I kissed her on her cheeks.

"What brought you here, Miss Architect?" I asked.

"Where's Ali?" Jill asked then she looked around, looking for Ali.

"Oh, so you went here just to look for Ali?" I asked then she laughed.

"Of course not." natatawang sabi ni Jill. "I'm looking for her para isang sabihan nalang."

"She's not in her office sabi ng secretary niya." I said. "Let's just meet her sa coffee shop nearby."

We both agreed with what I said. After telling my secretary that we'll be going out, Jill texted Ali to meet us at the coffee shop. I drove myself going to the coffee shop near the firm because Jill brought her car.

"Where's Ali na daw?" I asked.

"Let's order na daw. She's malapit na." Jill said.

"How conyo." I said teasing Jill.

"Whatever, Arabella." Jill said then she rolled her eyes. "I'll order na. I know what's yours, don't mind telling me." she said then she winked. Gross.

"Hey!" Ali said then she kissed me on my cheeks. "Jill?" she asked looking for Jill. Ano 'to magdamag silang maghahanapan?

"You guys kept on looking for each other. Jill's at the counter." I said.

"You're finally here Miss Attorney!" Jill said referring to Ali then she placed the tray on the table.

"So why go to the firm and look for Ali?" I asked then I took a sip on my drink.

"Well, Jade just called me kaninang morning." Jill said after taking a sip on her drink.

"Can you just speak straight english or maybe  tagalog?" asked Ali at tinawanan ko naman.

"Whatever you two." Jill said then she rolled her eyes again. "So eto na nga. Jade told me na Allen's gonna be having a party tonight!"

"Omg, I almost forgot. Today's Allen's birthday nga pala!" gulat kong sabi.

"Oh see. Isa ka ding conyo." Jill said which made me realize what I've said. "So ano, punta kayo?"

"Of course!" I said. "It's been years mula nung huli kaming nagkita nila Allen. How about you, Ali. You going?"

"Oo naman." Ali said as an aswer.

"Kamusta na nga pala kayo ni Kio?" tanong ko. "Are you guys okay na?"

"Okay na kami. We're friends na ulit and we settled things na." Ali said. "Sana yung iba dyan din."

"Alam mo ikaw, magpaparinig ka na nga lang obvious pa." I said.