8:

"But I can't. I barely know him, and I just learned his surname today! I don't know if he-" Renjun cuts me off.

"Fighting your feelings will only make it worse, trust me. Jaemin is known to be a bit flirty so maybe you've just fallen for his charms, but you can't push him away. There's still the potential that he could be a really good friend, or even something more."

"I guess you're right, thanks Renjun! But I'm curious, how do you know all this stuff?"

"I'm pretty observant."

"Hey, me too!" I exclaim and we both laugh. "Just confused when it comes to my own being."

Me and Renjun's conversation dies down and we both begin to do our own things. I yawn, signifying tiredness as I lay down on the table. I try to fight it, but eventually give up, falling into a nights slumber, exhausted from the eventful day.

Renjun turns his head to look at the girl resting next to him. He and smiles, enjoying the company of such a bright spirit.

I awake the next morning to an alarm sounding off Renjun's phone, a bright beam of light brought from the sun, shining straight through the coffee shop's window.

I lift my head to see Renjun still sleeping. I check the time to see that school begins in a hour and decide to wake him up so that he can get ready.

I place a hand on his shoulder and gently shake him until he opens his eyes.

"Schools starting soon." I whisper, throat dry from the lack of liquidation in the last 7 hours that we've slept.

Renjun rubs his eyes and starts moving his neck around, stretching.

"Tables are not the most comfortable thing to sleep on." He jokes, I giggle and nod in agreement.

"I say we order some coffee and get out of here. I should probably get home and inform my parents where I've been." I say.

"Sounds like a plan." Renjun agrees and grabs all his stuff, following me to the coffee shops counter.

I got home to find my dad sleeping on the couch. I found it strange since he always sleeping with mom.

I change into a clean uniform and leave a note saying I've gone to school. Neither of my parents are awake and even though they have work today, I decide to leave it alone.

I start my walk to school, contemplating if I should go the route I always do that leads me to cross paths with Jaemin. I decide I couldn't avoid him forever. Him, Jeno, Yunhee, and Renjun are my only friends at school so far.

I go to the park and wait, staring across the street, hoping to meet eyes with Jaemin.

All of a sudden, I see two boys walking down the sidewalk, both flashing me huge smiles.

They cross the street and approach me.

"Hey Mi-sun, what happened at lunch yesterday?" Jaemin ask.

"Oh, that? That was nothing I just... really, had to- use the bathroom?" I say off of the top of my head. Really Mi-sun, that's the best you could think of? Now they're going to think you're gross.

"I understand, that cafeteria meat can be a lot sometimes." Jeno jokes, we all laugh and proceed on our walk.

"Oh! I made a new friend. That guy you bumped into Jaemin, his name is Renjun."

"That's good, I heard he doesn't have too many friends." Jeno replies. His statement maked me sad. Looks like I'll just have to be his best friend!

We walk in a row of three, me and Jaemin on either side of Jeno. I lean forward to steal a glance at Jaemin and when I do, my heart begins to rush.

'I guess I like you now.' I think to myself. Jaemin looks towards me and smiles when he catches my eye.

This is going to be a long year.