24:

After me and Jeno finished studying, he went opposite of his normal route to walk me home.

As we walk side by side, I glanced at him a few times, curious about my feelings.

And I've finally come to a conclusion...

I don't like Jeno.

He's nothing more than just a kind friend.

"Thanks for walking me home Jeno, you really didn't have to." I say.

"No problem, it's late anyway."

Jeno stops at the sidewalk across from my house and watches as I cross the street.

I reach the door and turn around one last time, waving to Jeno before I enter my home.

I step inside to see my parents standing in the living room.

"THEN JUST LEAVE!" My mom shouts.

"FINE! I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOU, OR YOUR STUPID DAUGHTER EVER AGAIN!" My dad yells, pushing past me with a suitcase in hand.

He turns back to look at us once more before slamming the front door.

"M- Mom... what just happened?" I stutter out while shaking.

She looked distraught. Eyes blood-shot red and hair tousled in every which way. Her legs shake as she slowly drags herself to the couch, throwing her body forward to land face-first into the chair.

"Mom... is- is everything okay?"

She seemed broken. She was in a place I've never seen her before, but at the same time, all the toxic and poisonous feelings felt as if they've been lifted from the air.

"Me and your dad... we're filing for divorce. He just left... and he's not coming back." Mom explains in a empty voice. He's really gone? He didn't even say goodbye...

I feel glad but angry.

Sad, but relieved.

I truly didn't know how to feel.

But I did know, I need to be here for my mom right now.

The next day arrives and I choose not to tell my friends about yesterday, not wanting to worry them with my problems.

Everyone was together, enjoying lunch, when Donghyuck speaks up.

"Mi-sun, do you remember when your parents would take us out to eat? We'd always have the best time because they were so carefree. I really miss them. When can I meet with them again?" Hyuck turns to make eye contact with me.

When our eyes meet my lip quivers. My heart felt as if had just shattered and I feel a wave of dizziness hit.

I quickly stand up, excusing myself from the table and I run down the hall.

I run until I find the door that leads to the school's garden. I just wanted a quiet place where I breakdown and let everything out.

I sit down, putting my back against the school and hug my knees to my chest

I hear footsteps coming, barely stopping right in front of me.

I lift my head and look up to meet my tear stained eyes with Jeno's clear ones.

He crouches to be at the same height as me and offers me a tissues.

I use it to wipe my eyes as he adjust himself to be sitting on the ground next to me.

He places a hand on my upper back and slowly starts caressing it.

"Is everything alright?" Jeno ask, concern in his tone.

"My parents... they're splitting up." I admit. I know I kinda overshared for me not being as close to Jeno, but I felt so vulnerable in that moment.

"It's okay, it'll get better. I promise." Jeno reassures. "I would know, my parents split when I was really little... "

"I'm so sorry."

"It's fine. I just wanted you to know you're not alone."

"Thanks Jeno," I say, wiping the last of my tears and finally smiling. "I really appreciate it."