18:

We all order our food and enjoy our meal while having a small conversation.

"The annual Fall Dance is coming up." Haechan mentions, taking a bite from his burger afterward.

"The what?" I ask. Being new to the school, I didn't know about any of the traditions they had.

"The school holds a dance every November for all students to attend. I've never been though... " Renjun explains.

"Aw, why not Injunnie?"

"Because you have to go with a partner or a group... " Renjun trails off.

Haechan snorts, covering his mouth to try to hold back a laugh.

I hit his upper arm with the back of my hand, telling him to cut it out.

"Maybe we could go together?" I offer. Both Haechan and Renjun look up at me with wide eyes. "Our little friend group should all go!"

"Oh, I thought you meant... ah, nevermind." Renjun dismisses.

As we're just finishing our meal, I get a text from my mom.

Mama💗

Where are you?

I'm out eating with my friends
at McDonald's.

Alright, I'm coming to pick you
up, we have to go somewhere.

Okay... ?

That's a little out of no where, we don't usually go places on the weekend.

"My mom's coming to pick me up soon, thanks for having lunch with me though!" I tell the boys as I begin cleaning up my seat and pack my purse.

"You're gonna leave me with him?" Haechan pouts.

I giggle a bit. "Come on you two, at least try to get along."

"I'll try... " Renjun mumbles.

"See, progress! Bye boys, see you on Monday." I end, waving as I leave the restaurant when my mom pulls up.

The boys continue their meal, Haechan even offering to pay for desserts. They made good conversation, no longer bickered for what ever reason.

A loud boom comes from the front of the restaurant, causing both boys to jump in surprise. They turn to see Jeno and Jaemin kick down the door and head their way.

"Can we help you?" Haechan ask, lifting one eyebrow.

"Were you here with Mi-sun?" Jaemin questions, raising his voice a bit.

"Didn't you see the text that literally stated we were going to meet up?" Renjun inquires.

"That doesn't mean you actually meet! She's our friend too and it's unfair that you hang out with her without us!" Jeno argues.

"Yeah... friend." Haechan gibes.

"Aren't you supposed to be at your Grandma's house?" Renjun questions, pointing at Jaemin.

"I left when I found out you guys were eating together."

"How'd you find-"

"I'm asking the questions here." Jaemin interrupts.

"I see nothing wrong with us eating with Mi-sun." Haechan shrugs.

"Yeah, well, how would you feel if we hung out with her without you?" Jeno retores.

"You guys walk her to school everyday and you don't see me crying." Haechan sasses, unbothered he continues eating his food.

Jaemin rolls his eyes and sits down.

"Hey, is that an apple pie?" Jaemin chirps, his aura completely changing.

"Yeah, do you want a bite!" Haechan exclaims, holding out the snack towards Jaemin.

They all sit down together, cracking jokes with huge smiles on their faces.

It's as if they were the bestest of friends and the previous argument never even happen.