Home is Good

I AM SO SORRY FOR THE LONG TIME NO SEE... well update...

It's summer and I've been so busy with cheer and being with family! I just got back from a mission trip at an Indian Reservation and I'm pretty sure my life has been forever changed because of the experience.

Anyways... Onwards to the story!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Erin's POV

It's the night of the closing ceremonies. I can't believe it. My first Olympics are almost over. It flew by... well you know after I was done freaking out about how I was going to do. But after I was done competing, I attended numerous interviews and more importantly, I supported team USA by attending multiple events.

But tonight was my final experience at the 2012 London Olympic Games. I would be walking in the closing ceremonies with the rest of my teammates who had stayed as well as with Paul, Jonathan and some of the other friends I had made throughout this amazing experience. I mean I've been hanging out with Michael Phelps, Ryan Lochte and Lolo Jones along with many others. And I am so thankful for them because they have helped me with getting around and keeping track of me when I was away from my family as well as just being fun people to hang out with.

Anyways, I was in my room with Aly and Mckayla to get ready. Our uniform consisted of a white knee length flowy skirt and a white blazer (again) with navy embroidery along with the Team USA logo. We also had to wear a thin, navy belt with small, alternating red and white stripes. And then finally, we had a white cap that with a bill and white dress shoes with white socks. Honestly, it was not my favorite outfit, but then again I prefer my athletic clothing a lot more. But I had the uniform on and was sitting patiently in a chair while Aly was finishing curling my hair. I had already applied a little bit of makeup that could be taken off easily because right after the ceremony we were being bused to the airport to catch our flight back home. And thankfully, my family was on the same flight with me so I wouldn't have to worry about missing them at the airport. But then again, there are quite a few planes that are taking off tonight so I hope that we are on the same flight. All I know is that I'm on the same flight with Paul and Jonathan so I know that I have at least one responsible person to watch me. And by responsible, I meant Jonathan because Paul is just about as mature as I am. Well maybe he's a little more mature than I am since people trusted us to fly to Texas together. But then again he gave me Mountain Dew so I'm not exactly sure that people should trust us together. We're like Fred and George Weasley except for the fact that I'm a girl. 

Soon we were all ready and met down at the bus terminal so we could all board the same bus that would take us to the stadium. 

"I can't believe this is our last night. It has gone by so fast and it all still seems like a dream that I don't want to wake up from." 

"It'll be like that for a while but it will eventually sink in." Jonathan said while sitting down beside me. 

"What do I do when I get back?" I questioned. I mean this was all new to me and this was the first time the women's gymnastics team had won gold in the all around since 1996. 

"It's going to be a whirlwind of tours and press conferences and interviews and a bunch of other stuff. But if you want to keep continuing gymnastics, you can't put off the comeback. You saw what happened to Shawn and Nastia when they attempted their comebacks. They waited to long and they had reached their peak. You haven't peaked yet and you have a lot ahead of you in this crazy sport." He explained.