Chapter 22: Claustrophobia

The end of the football season bestowed Adrian with abundant of time to spare which he graciously exhausted on me. We were almost always together except for the time I had to work. It was a whole new kickstart to our relationship like while you are playing temple run and you get a boost in between and then your speed flares up to 10x. Exactly like that. I can't believe it has already been a month already we started going out.

Finally, I was getting the undivided attention I had been waiting for from the start. I was being nurtured, I was being pampered, I was being coddled and all those things boyfriends do; that you thought Adrian Beckham wasn't capable of. It was happening! He would pick me up from work every day whenever Cole's bike was available and we dropped by class together. Sometimes; he would even carry my bag for me and delight me with his culinary prowess all the time.

After that stupid party which had ignited our first fight, I had established my own identity before Adrian's football friends. Many from them would stop by to have a little chat with us if we ran into them in the campus. Adrian told me his friends actually found me cute but they thought I was way too innocent. Never mind. At least that's what I would want them to believe.

I would wake up to his sweet morning texts before we ultimately met in college. In the evening, we were always at one-another's place hanging around together or working on upcoming submissions. The best perk of having him around was his amazing cooking. He would delight me with new cuisines every now and then. He even made me a better cook. And if I had a long day at work, he would patiently listen while giving me a good shoulder massage which I would reciprocate with pleasure. On odd nights, Mia, I and Adrian had our little workout sessions which were usually on Saturdays now that he didn't have his games.

We were finally able to make it on a date at an upscale restaurant. Knowing the kind of place it is, we had made efforts to look neat and stylish for the night. He had looked dapper in the shirt he had decided to inaugurate to the occasion and I had managed to look my best in a bias-cut gown. We had a great time owing to the food and the music which was delectably tuned into the romantic mood. That night Adrian had stayed over and we had talked all night till we couldn't remember when exactly we had fallen asleep.

Adrian had at last agreed to let me click an album of pictures of us and post some on social media. We were social media official now. Not that we needed the validation but it didn't hurt to receive ample of sweet comments and show off your handsome boyfriend. I had even managed to coax him into joining social media. Of course, he didn't manage it on him own. I had taken it up on myself to make his profile aesthetically pleasing. By that I meant, candid but hot pictures of him slaying on the field interspersed along with pictures of us together so that everyone could drool over his hotness but also acknowledge that he was taken.

Sometimes, he got really annoyed with my meticulous social media etiquettes and I knew it pissed him off when I posted some of his pictures without asking him but then I would always find ways to make up for it

Sometimes, he got really annoyed with my meticulous social media etiquettes and I knew it pissed him off when I posted some of his pictures without asking him but then I would always find ways to make up for it. He was an easy person to please. All in all, I could sum up my relationship to the lyrics of 'Until You' and I would want to dance to it all night.