Chapter 13: Not Ready

Mao Mao's POV

I was crying by a log in the forest, thinking to myself... (Why did I have to run away like that? My father's right, I'm to weak to face my problems I just.... run away from them. Why did I have to be born like this.So weak. So useless. So dumb.)

My sobs continued until a heard a noise come from my right side. I stood up quickly and reached for Geraldine, (wait.... Where's Geralidine!? I must've dropped her when I was running... like a fo-) Another snap came, from my left this time. I held up my fists and got in a fighting position, I could see a figure slowly coming out of the darkness from the woods. "I don't want to hurt you"

(Okay... At least I know its human/furry) [I guess, I'm just gonna say human from now on.] I lowered my fist a little, still not feeling like putting my guard down to someone I dont know. (What did I get myself into now!? This would be a lot easier with Badgerclops here...) The figure came out of the darkness and I could see, what looked like a ferret. Not a normal ferret, one with a... very distinctive color and pattern.

"Who are you?" I asked the ferret. "I'm Antoneyo" (Antoneyo... Dosen't seem to be putting up much of a fight to tell his personal information) "What are you doing out here?" "I could ask you the same thing" I didn't want him to know any of my my personal information, so I didnt answer him. "I came out here to see what all th commission was" Gosh, he must've heard me crying. "I also heard you crying"

(Of course...)

"What's wrong?" He asked me. In response, I just flopped down back on the log and sighed. "None of your concern" I could see him give a small frown out of the corner of my eye. He sat down next to me, I can tell he's trying to get me to tell him what's wrong. "C'mon, you can tell me" A gave him a weird look. "How can I tell someone I don't even know" "Not yet!" Hhm he has quite the positive attitude. Kinda reminds me of Adorabat. Maybe I... Should tell him what's wrong, he seems trustworthy. "Okay, it's a long story. Okay?" "I'm all ears!"

(Skip underlined part for the rest of the story)

"You see, when I was about 18 I ran away from home. It might SEEM like the perfect family. But, it really wasn't. Everyday, my sister's and Father would insult me, abuse me and make fun of me. My mom was the only one who really cared for me. She always told me, "Its ok sweetie, they might not love you but you know I do. And that will never change" She was the only reason I kept going. Some times, I even had some suicide thoughts but, she still kept me going. One day, I just... Couldn't take it any more and I ran away, never to be seen by my family again, until now. My life improves so much when I ran away, I became the official sheriff of a town: Pure Heart Valley, and I met amazing people along my journey and I made some even better friends, and a loving boyfriend. I was living life happily until today. My father had fond me after years of searching for me, and he reminded of all the flaws in my life, and back came all of the doubt. And now I'm here.

"Wow, that's was a long story" Antoneyo said. "Yeah, it is" "I kinda went through the same" "Really?" (I would write a back story for Antoneyo but I'm a lazy bish) "Y-Yeah" Wow, I can't believe that Antoneyo had a similar childhood/teenhood like me. "Guess we can both relate then" I don't... think I'm ready to head back to Badgerclops and Adorabat yet... "I know this is a weird question but... could I, maybe come to your house?" That was a really weird question to ask... "Why?" "I'm just... not ready to face my deputy and lover yet" Antoneyo seemed surprised by the question I asked and I wauted for his answer. "Sure" I was shooked back by his response. I for sure thought he was gonna say no but, I'm glad he said the opposite. "Thank you, really. This is really appreciated" "No problem! Anything to help a friend in need!" Antoneyo winked at me when he said friend. Guess we're friends...

Sorry Badgerclops and Adorabat...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I'm not ready to face my fears yet...

(776 Words)