Sneaking out

The way I wrote this, I had intended everyone to be of different ages. They're still in the mind space though. 

Order goes:

Logan and Janus: 23

Patton: 21Remus and Roman: 19Virgil: 17

Janus takes it upon himself to look out for Virgil.

I didn't bother proof reading.

~~~~~

Janus looked up from his spot on the couch, shutting the book in his hands without bothering to mark his page. He kept his hand in Remus' hair, who had been was into his side with arms wrapped around Janus' waist as he snored softly. 

"Virgil.

Virgil froze, he had been on his way towards the light sides so he could visit a special someone. 
"Y-yeah? What's up?" Virgil buried his hands in his hoodie pocket, looking behind him to see Janus. 
"Where do you think you're going? It's ten in the evening and you're attempting to sneak out?" Janus wore an unimpressed expression, keeping his eyes on Virgil to make sure he didn't bother leaving while he wasn't looking.

"I was just going-"

"No. Go to bed." 

"But-"

"What did I tell you."

"Why do you care, I'm seventeen! I can do what I want."
"Virgil."
"You're only six years older than me, I don't technically have to listen to you." 

"You can see them tomorrow. Go to bed." 

Virgil glared at him, storming back into his room and slamming his door shut. He'd just have to change his plans for tomorrow instead.

Janus watched him leave, opening his book again and continuing to read.
"He just wants to see Roman."
"I'm away, love."
"They're just going to make out."
"I'm aware."
"Then why not let him leave?"
"Roman is an adult. Virgil is still a miner. I can't let Virgil go when one thing could lead to another." Janus kept his tone calm, glancing from underneath the book and running his hand through Remus' hair again. "Now drop it."
"Yes sir." Remus smirked, closing his eyes again and nuzzling closer to Janus' waist.

~~~~~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

As morning came, Virgil made his way out of his room, trudging down the stairs and sitting at the kitchen table as Patton cooked.

"You're up early, kiddo." Patton noted, sparing a quick glance at him before flipping a panic over.
"It's easier to wake up when you never go to sleep in the first place." He mumbled, pulling his hoodie over himself and leaning his head on the table. It felt empty without the others there.
"And why didn't you sleep?"
"I couldn't." 

Patton hummed in response, looking behind him as he felt a hand on his waist and smiled when he saw Logan next to him, his hair wet as he had just gotten out of the shower. He stood on his tippy toes as Logan leaned down to meet him half way. A quick peck to the lips was all it was, but Virgil still couldn't help but feel jealous. Jealous that he couldn't have that.