Chapter 2 - Thanksgiving Dinner

"So wait you went out to lunch with him?" Aylee giggled over the phone.

"It was amazing, Aylee. I went out to eat with my favorite person in the whole wide world and he was just like any regular old guy. He was nice, and shy, and considerate, and we just talked. He even gave me his number and hugged me before he had to leave."

"Damn, girl. And here I thought I was special sleeping with musicians but you actually got to hang with one."

"He wants to meet up again today."

"Wait, is it a date?"

"Hang on, let me check the text. It just says 'Hey, I was wondering if you wanted to grab coffee? Maybe head to the park? I can pick you up.'"

"Oh my god!"

"What?"

"He just asked you on a date! I'll be over in five minutes to help you get ready."

The phone went silent and I was completely oblivious as to what just happened. Aylee was trying her best to get me to wear something adorable, but I didn't want to show off my legs...I couldn't. I settled on some skinny jeans, a tank top, and a red, plaid, button up. I heard a knock at my door and Aylee giggled with anticipation.

"Ronnie," I smiled.

"Hi, Zara," he smiled. "Ready?"

"Yeah, let me just grab my coat."

I yanked my jacket out of Aylee's hands and locked my door as she said she would house sit for me. In reality, she was just waiting for me to come home and tell her everything. After we got our coffee, Ronnie pulled his hood up and slipped on his sunglasses to try and avoid being seen and I understood.

"So Ronnie."

"Yeah?"

"Why'd you ask me out today?"

"Well I ugh...I wanted to thank you again for a couple days ago. I haven't felt relief like that in years and it really meant a lot to me. I...I haven't been okay in a very long time. I mean sure, I can put on a happy face and everything for my daughter and fans but..." he trailed off.

"It can get tiring, almost exhausting."

"Yeah. Yeah...it can and it does."

"I'm sorry."

"For what? You haven't done anything."

"Sometimes it's good to just hear it."

"So, ugh...ahem. You doing anything fun for Thanksgiving this Thursday?"

"No," I giggled, "no, not really. I'll probably just stay home and stuff my face with a pre-made turkey."

"What? Well...I know we just met and all but ugh...why, why don't you come over to my house?"

"Are you sure you'd be okay with that? You really don't have to invite me out of obligation."

"No, no, I want you there. This will be my first year where Willow isn't with me."

"Oh, really?"

"Yeah, Crissy and her parents are taking her to Florida to meet some more family, so it'll just be me."

"Okay, Ronnie. I'll see you at Thanksgiving dinner."

When Ronnie dropped me off, he actually walked me up to my front door. I giggled and thanked him for a nice day before being bombarded by questions for Aylee. I hadn't even absorbed everything that happened until Friday morning. I woke up and realized, shit...I get to go see Ronnie Radke today! I started cooking the only casserole dish I knew how to make and dug through my closet trying to find something nice to wear. I put on some light blue skinny jeans, a white turtleneck, and a grey corset over top of the turtle neck to match my grey, knee high boots. I fixed up my short brown hair into some loose curls to sit on my shoulders. After fixing my makeup, I heard a knock at the door.