Chapter 10 - The Truth Can Be Scary

-----ZARA'S POV-----

"Move in with me?"

"Ronnie?" I giggled.

"I know that it's really soon, but I'm serious. I want you here every single day possible. Willow likes you, you and Crissy are friends, and I love you."

"I love you too, but please understand why I'm hesitating."

"I do and I'm ready to wait for your decision-"

"I don't think you'll have to wait very long because my decision is yes."

"What?"

"You're right, it's very soon and probably reckless but...I want to see what's between us too."

The next weekend Ronnie and Aylee came over to help me pack the important things like clothes, my laptop, etc. What we couldn't pack, like furniture and stuff, would be put into storage until I could figure out what to do with it. As we piled the boxes in the living room, I smiled to see Crissy pulling in with Willow. The small seven year old ran up to me and gave me a big hug. Crissy asked for a minute alone with Ronnie and I nodded before taking Willow in to get a slice of pizza and two breadsticks. It wasn't long before I heard a small argument break out between them that ended with Crissy driving away.

"Stay here, okay?" I told Willow.

"Okay."

"Don't sneak any extra breadsticks. Hey, what was that?"

"Nothing," he sighed.

"Ronnie. Don't lie to me."

"Crissy just doesn't think this is a good idea and you know me being a hothead and all. Probably said some shit I shouldn't have. It's fine, though. I'll apologize in a little bit."

"Okay. Come on, Willow's waiting."

"Hey, where's my hug?" he asked, arms outstretched.

"Dad!" she giggled, running to hug him.

"Good to see ya, princess. Were you good in school this week?"

"Yeah but next week is the last one and I'm sad about it."

"Sad, why?"

"Because one of my friends is moving."

"Awe, well I'm sure you'll see her again."

"How?"

"Because on my weekends with you, if she's not too far, I'll take you to see her on a couple Fridays."

"Yay!"

"Alright, pizzas all done. Who wants ice cream?"

"Me!" they both shouted.

Later that night, Ronnie went on Twitch to stream for about an hour while Willow and I went for a swim in the pool. She was such a great swimmer, like a little fish. We were having fun splashing around and everything when I realized how late it was getting. I brought her out of the pool and waited for her to finish with her bath before handing her some pajamas to change into when she dropped a huge bomb on me.

"Zara, are you my new mommy?"

"What?" I almost choked.

"Well, you're living with my daddy now."

"Yes I am but...you know what, let me sit on the bed and have a real chat with you."

"Okay?"

"Alright. Yes, I'm living with your daddy and I do love him but none of that has to change anything between him, you, your mom, or me."

"Huh?"

"What I'm saying is, you know your mom, right?"

"Yeah?"

"Well, that's your mom and I am never going to take that away from you. You don't have to call me mom if you're not comfortable with it."

"Well then what do I call you?"

"I'm happy with just being your best friend. Okay?"

"Oh, okay."

"Alright. Good night, sweet pea."

"Can I have a story?"

I smiled and looked through her small, pink book case for a fairy tale I knew she'd love. Not long after reading the first three pages, Willow passed out. I put away her book and made sure she had her nightlight so she could see her way to the bathroom before heading out to meet Ronnie in the living room. He smiled at me and I smiled at him before yawning, stretching, and heading to bed. When he climbed into the sheets beside me, I sleepily told him what Willow asked.

"She really asked you that?"

"Yeah," I giggled. "Such a silly girl."

"Yeah...silly."

-----RONNIE'S POV-----

Another day, another tour...I'm always fucking on tour. Whatever, at least I got my girls with me this time. I zipped up my bag and went to carry it out to the bus when I saw one of the cutest sights in my life. Zara was teaching Willow how to properly fold her clothes so her little suitcase wouldn't bulge. They didn't notice I was staring, but as I leaned against the door frame I realized something almost terrifying to me. The scene that was playing out...I wanted it to play out every night. I wanted Zara not just in my house, but in my life...forever.

"You good, man?" Ryan asked, taking my suitcase.

"Yeah, I just...how much time do we got before we leave?"

"Like an hour. Why?"

"Alright, you're coming to the mall with me."

"The mall? Dude, what are you doing?"

"Don't tell Zara or Willow."

"What-"

"I wanna look at engagement rings."