Chapter 3 - The Invitation

"Morning, Aylee!" I sang.

"Mngh," she groaned. "Oh my god, you're home?"

"I'm not gonna sleep with a guy on the second date! Doesn't matter who he is. Come on, I'll make you breakfast and tell you all about it."

-----RONNIE'S POV-----

My eyes peeled open at the sound of buzzing from my phone and I realized I forgot to turn up the volume for my alarm. I rolled over and turned it off when I noticed I got a missed facetime call from Crissy. Shit, I forgot to call last night. I sat up in bed and cleaned out my eyes before giving her a call back. Willow answered the phone and I felt my heart light up as she smiled at me.

"Hi, daddy!"

"Hey, honey. Did you have a good Thanksgiving with your grandparents?"

"Yeah and they had a BIG turkey."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah, it was like the size of the table almost."

"Wow, sounds like you ate a whole bunch, huh?"

"Yeah! Mommy and I wanted to call you so you could see but you didn't answer."

"I know sweetie, I'm sorry but I'm here now."

"Yeah! I miss you!"

"Awe, I miss you too, princess."

"I wanna talk to daddy," I heard Crissy say from offscreen. "Anything else you wanna tell him?"

"Bye, daddy. Love you! Mwah."

"I love you too, princess. Mwah."

"Ronnie, is that lipstick on your face?" she asked when Willow was gone.

"What? Oh, shit," I groaned, seeing myself in the little window. "Yeah...yeah, I had a ugh...a friend over and-"

"Ronnie, I don't care what you do when it comes to women, just don't let it take you away from your daughter."

"I would never do that."

"Okay. Did you have a nice time last night?"

"Yeah. Yeah, she went home after dinner and I passed out in a food coma not long after."

"Do I get to know her name?"

"Ugh, not yet. We're still kinda figuring things out."

"Alright then. I guess we'll see ya when we get back. Willow wants to stay at your house for Christmas and I said that would be fair since I stole her for Thanksgiving."

"That sounds great," I smiled.

"Okay, bye."

"Bye."

-----Zara's POV-----

"Oh my god!" Aylee squealed.

"Dude, you're gonna bust my eardrums."

"I'm sorry but I can't believe that actually happened!"

"Me neither. I want to see him again but I don't-" I hesitated for a moment when my phone started ringing. "Oh my god, he's calling me. Keep quiet and I'll put him on speaker."

"I won't say a word."

"Hi, Ronnie."

"Hey, Zara. I think you left your corset here."

"Yeah. I didn't realize it until I was already home."

"That's okay," he chuckled. "Guess it just gives you a reason to come back, right?"

"That kiss was a good enough reason," I mumbled under my breath.

"Oh yeah?"

"Shit! I didn't think you would hear that."

"It's okay, I think so too."

"Mm."

"So, what are you up to today?"

"Nothing much. My friend Aylee and I were gonna go look for some Christmas ornaments and a reusable tree."

"That sounds like fun. Mind if I join you guys?"

"Not at all."

"Cool, where can I meet you?"

"I'll text you the address."

"Okay, cool."

"Bye. Oh my god, now I have to wear something nice."

I was looking at a bunch of ornaments and garland while Ronnie was being his usual dorky self. He grabbed some round, red ornaments and showed them to other shoppers asking if he should get his balls checked out since they're so red. I've never laughed so hard. He then put an angel's halo on me and didn't say anything, just sat there and smiled, which of course caused me to smile. When he calmed down and actually helped me pick out a couple odd and silly ornaments, I realized Aylee had been gone for a while.

"What is Aylee doing?" I sighed.

"Probably flirting with the cashier," Ronnie chuckled.

"Yeah, you're probably right. So listen, I noticed you've been wanting to hang out a whole bunch."

"Yeah?"

"And that huge house has to feel empty without your daughter."

"Yeah...yeah, I guess that's kinda true," he chuckled, starting to blush.

"What if I came over for the weekend? You don't have to answer right now, but-"

"Yes."

"Wait, what?"

"Yes, I'd love to have you stay the weekend."

"Oh, o-okay. Great!"

"Hey!" Aylee chripped, returning to the group.

"Where have you been?" I gasped.

"I was getting your Christmas present."

She had a huge smile that told me she was up to something but since Ronnie was here, I let it go. We went to the checkout counter and the cashier lady immediately recognized him and wanted a picture together. When that was over, she gave us a discount on the items and even flirted with Ronnie a bit. He didn't even respond which made me feel special. Ronnie followed me home and sat on my kitchen counter to talk with Aylee while I packed but apparently, I was taking too long since Ronnie came into the room.

"Wow," he chuckled.

"Don't make fun of the colors."

"Nah it's cool. I just wasn't expecting to see so much...blue. Hey, you might wanna pack this," he smirked, picking up a lace nightgown I had.

"Very cute," I smiled, taking it from his hands.

He smiled before leaning in to kiss me, far gentler than he did last night but it still caused me to moan. I dropped the nightgown and tangled my hands in his hair while he placed his on my waist before he held me close, his hands moving to the small of my back. When I pulled away, I noticed he was wearing the biggest smile I had ever fucking seen on his face. I smiled back before he squeezed my left ass cheek and returned to the kitchen. I then tucked the nightgown into the bottom of my bag.