scoops

(this is an au where max and mike are working at scoops) 

"you know, it never gets old seeing you in that ridiculous sailor outfit," max spoke up as she looked up a little, giving mike a small teasing smirk. he rolled his eyes as he turned around and leaned against the counter to face her. it was a slow day so they were taking a break, persay. "you keep forgetting that you're wearing one too," he replied to her as he crossed his arms over his chest. 

"but at least i don't look as ridiculous as you do," she said back smugly. "you look just as ridiculous, admit it," mike said. she shook her head, "i look hot in it, admit it."

mike rolled his eyes again but couldn't stop his cheeks from turning a light shade of red. max of course noticed and rose an eyebrow curiously, "ohhh, so i do look hot in it, huh?" 

mike shook his head then turned back around so he wasn't facing her anymore, he was hoping a customer would walk through the door right about now so he would have a reason not to talk to max. but unfortunately no one did. 

she moved and leaned against the counter right next to him, giving him a teasing smile. he ignored her and just rested his chin in the palm of one of his hands as he stared straight ahead. "don't tell me you're embarrassed," she spoke up.

"you don't look hot in the outfit, in fact, you're not hot at all. EVER," he shot back at her as he turned and looked at her, giving her a mean look before releasing his weight from the counter and heading into the back. 

those words were a lie of course but he was determined to make sure she thought they were true. but of course she didn't. she knew he was lying since he had gotten so damn defensive about it. she let out a sigh as she found a straw wrapper and picked it up, rolling it into a ball before throwing it at mike, it hitting him in the back of the head.

"hey," he warned as he rubbed his head and looked back at her. she stuck her tongue out him before smiling. he just scoffed before disappearing further into the back so she couldn't see him. 

she was about to head into the back when she noticed a few girls at the counter. she rose her eyebrows at them and looked them over for a second before calling out to mike, "hey mike if you don't think i'm hot maybe you'll think these girls are!" she didn't care if she drove them off with her words.

the girls exchanged glances but didn't leave as max tapped the counter impatiently, waiting to see if mike would come back to the front or not. when it was clear he wasn't going to she served the girls herself. 

once they left with their ice cream she headed into the back and found mike sitting at the one table they had set up there. "you missed your chance on serving some hot girls," she said simply as she sat down across from him. he shrugged, "i'm sure they weren't that hot."

"you didn't see them so you don't know. and they were definitely hotter than me," she replied, going back to teasing him a bit. mike looked up at her for a moment, giving her a glare before returning his gaze to the surface of the table. 

it remained silent for a moment until she spoke up, "i know you were lying when you said i wasn't hot. you need to remember that i've gotten good at telling when you're lying." "max, leave me alone about it, would you?" he asked back in response, annoyed.

"i will once you admit it," she said back. he stood up and she did too, moving to stand in front of him. he looked down at her as she gave him an expectant and challenging look. 

"fine. you're hot. you happy?" he said as he let out a huff before trying to move past her. she quickly moved to stand in the doorway he was making his way towards as she smiled. "max let me through," he said, giving her an annoyed look.