03

Everyday Chaerim and Sunghoon would walk to school together and leave school together. They were pretty well known in their school for figure skating, but also for their reputations. Now the whole entire school loved Chaerim. She was the class president, the feisty short girl, always had the highest grades, one of the best figure skaters in the nation, and was super nice to everyone.

Sunghoon, on the other hand, had the nickname "ice prince". He had the name for two reasons. The first one was because he did figure skating and was good at it. The second one was because of his personality. Every day at school, Sunghoon would receive confessions from so many different girls. He became pestered so eventually he started ignoring them which gave him the reputation as being a cold guy. As well as he hated socializing and was considered "shy" (Chaerim strongly disagrees because she's seen what a chaotic mess he is).

**

By the end of the day, Chaerim was lingering around in the classroom talking to some of her friends in her homeroom.

"Chaerim, tell me," her friend Mina began to say, "You've been friends with Sunghoon for so long..."

"So...?" Chaerim responded while raising her brow,

"You never once had feelings for him?"

"Yeah, I've been wondering for such a long time. There's no point in other girls confessing because he's going to reject them anyway. I mean he isn't called the ice prince for no reason," her other friend Taeri chimed.

Taken aback from Mina's comment, she paused and took a while to think.

"Honestly, I've never really thought about it. We were friends since time can tell and he's always been like a brother to me. And trust me, he's not that cold at all. If anything he's one of the craziest most chaotic people I've met," she said trying to sound cool.

"Chaerim, you're cheeks are turning red," Taeri taunted.

"N-no," she stuttered quickly while hiding her cheeks with her hands, "They are not."

"Ehhh ~ stop lying," Mina and Taeri laughed.

"Fine," Chaerim sighed, "When we moved from Incheon to Seoul because of my parents' work, we moved to the apartment we're living in now. I didn't know our neighbors were going to have a kid my age. And because he lived in the apartment on top of us I had a better chance to get to know Sunghoon. When I was 12, my dad passed away from cancer. But Sunghoon was there for me. He didn't say much, but he sat by side the whole time during the funeral and held my hand. But that's when I knew he was the one. He was the one who was going to stay by my side. To be honest, I don't know if I like him or not. Of course, I love him as a friend, but I'm not sure if I like him like that."

"Aw, Chaerim," Mina pouted, "I'm so sorry I didn't know you went through that. I didn't mean to pry into your personal life like that."

"It's fine. I mean it," Chaerim replied giving her a weak smile.

"Speaking of Sunghoon," Taeri gestured towards the door.

Chaerim turned around seeing Sunghoon peeking is face through the classroom door. She quickly turned away as her face flushed red. Mina and Taeri started giggling while playfully pushing Chaerim.

"Um Chaeri," Sunghoon called quietly, "We... we have to go now."

"Aw he calls you Chaeri, Chaerim," Mina squealed.

Chaerim gave her a small glare as she grabbed her school bag and stood up. "Okay, I'm leaving. Byeeeeeee," she said playfully.

"Awww, have fun at practice 'Chaeri'," they joked.

Chaerim stopped where she was walking when she reached the door where Sunghoon was waiting. "Only Sunghoonie can call me that," she retorted while linking her arm with Sunghoon's.

**

In the hallway...

"Yah, what was that," Sunghoon smirked while covering his mouth, "That was the most terrifying thing I've ever seen from you. The fact you were almost doing aeg-"

"Stop. Don't say that word. You know that word is absolutely forbidden in my vocabulary," Chaerim lectured.

"A-e-g-y-o," he grinned.

"You're horrible," she laughed while starting to run, "Now come on, I'll race you to the ice rink."

"Okay, good luck shorty," Sunghoon snickered as he began to run faster.

"Yah! I'm going to get you," Chaerim called while trying to catch up to him.

---------------------------------------------------------

A/N: hey guys!! I hope you're enjoying the story. I'm actually really excited about this and ik it may seem a bit boring rn, but I promise it will get more interesting and dramatic! anyways have good night or evening :)