12

"I miss talking to you too."

Chaerim looked into his eyes to only see the look of regret and sadness. Her face fell into a slight frown as she quickly turned away from him.

"I hate this. I really hate this. I hate that fact we aren't able to talk to each other anymore. I miss hanging out at your apartment. I miss our late night talks. I miss our fun bus rides back home. But most of all, I miss you. I miss you, Chaeri. I miss you so much," he exclaimed, "It feels like hell without you at school. Whenever I go to practice at Big Hit, all I feel is regret after that day. And I know you think I'm wasting all my years of hard work for a dream that doesn't seem like a reality, but I want you to trust me, please."

Chaerim, biting on her lower lip, stood up from the bench and started walking back to the ice rink. She could feel her eyes burning from the tears she was holding back.

"Chaerim, please. Please talk to me," Sunghoon said while he grabbed her wrist.

She sighed in defeat as she turned around towards him. Tears were already streaming from her eyes and was clenching her fist so hard, they started to bleed.

"Sunghoon," she finally said, "I want to trust you. I really do. After all, we've been through, there should be no reason why I shouldn't trust you. I shouldn't have been so mad that you decided to be a trainee, but at the same time, I felt betrayed. It felt as if all my hopes and dreams were shattered because of you. It felt as if I wasn't going to be capable of doing anything if you stopped figure skating. After appa died, you were the only one truly there for me. You encouraged me to continue skating even though I was suffering. You helped me get through my pain."

"Chaeri, I-"

"But that's not it. I don't even have anyone to talk to anymore. Not even my mom because she's never home!" Chaerim cried, "I don't want to be alone like this. I don't ever want to. It's not fair. It's like the whole world is against me and wants to shut me out! And you were right. You were right about the fact I'm attached to you. I'm so attached to you, I don't want to let you go. I don't."

You were right about the fact I'm attached to you. I'm so attached to you, I don't want to let you go. I don't. Those words. Those words panged Sunghoon's heart like a bullet went through his chest.

"Chaerim, I'm so sorry. Please don't ever think that. Please just forget I ever said those words. They were so harsh and-"

"No, you were right," she retorted, "Sunghoon, these feelings are so strange. I can't tell if I have these feelings because I don't want you to leave me or because I feel something different about you. I'm so lost and confused. I don't even know what's happening to me anymore. All I want you to do is to stay with me forever... just like you promised 3 years ago."

Sunghoon gently pulled her into his arms as he embraced her warmly. The small girl grabbed on the ends of his shirt as she began sobbing in his chest. She never wanted him to leave her. After all, those feelings she felt was longing to be loved.

"Chaeri," Sunghoon whispered gently, "Just like 3 years ago, I'll keep my promise. I promise to stay by your side forever. Even if there are barricades trying to separate us, I'll find away. I will find a way back to you."

--------------------------------------------------------

a/n: y'all I'm sorry I feel like these chapters are getting shorter and shorter lol but anyways chaerim finally revealed her feelings!