06

"Big Hit Entertainment? No... there's no way he could've."

In disbelief of what she just saw, she walked into the building. Sunghoon was nowhere to be found, but inside was a grand lobby with nice leather couches, a vending machine, high-quality water dispenser, and posters of all the Big Hit artists. That's when a boy with slightly arched eyebrows and a sharp nose, and looked around the same age as Chaerim walked to get a drink of water. He quickly turned to see a girl standing in the lobby.

"Hey, who are you? We don't have any female trainees at Big Hit yet and if you're looking for BTS, you won't find them," he stated casually.

"N-no," she stuttered, "Anyways I-"

"By the way my name is Jay. Jay Park. I'm from America, but I've been living in Korean for about 6 years now and I recently started training here. What's your name? And what year were you born in? Oh what's your blood type? What about your MBTI?"

Overwhelmed by the amount of questions she was being asked, Chaerim took a step back. Suddenly, she heard another person's footsteps come closer to the lobby.

"Hey Jay, why are you in the lobby? We need to be practic..." a familiar person's voice said loudly.

Park Sunghoon.

"Ch-chaeri?!" Sunghoon questioned in shock, "What are you doing here?"

"I'd like to ask you the same thing?" she scoffed in disbelief as she crossed her arms, "Why are you here instead of practice? Don't you realize we have a competition coming up? It's in 6 months, Sunghoon. We don't have time to be fooling around. 2 hours and 30 mins isn't enough time to practice a day for a competition."

"Chaerim, hear me out," he responded cooly, "I recently became a trainee. I've been a trainee for about 2 months now, okay. And honestly, I really love this and I... I think this is the right path for me to take."

"Have you lost your mind?" she retorted, "Why are you wasting your time doing something so useless? You know you have a low chance of making it in the music industry. Sunghoon, what about figure skating? You're in the top 10. If you keep practicing, you can be number 1!"

"CHAERIM, THAT'S NOT WHAT I WANT," Sunghoon responded while raising his voice, "I don't want to do figure skating anymore. I found a new passion. My parents don't like the fact I'm a trainee, but I want to prove it to them that this was the right choice. I want to be an idol, an inspiration."

"YOU'RE AN IDIOT," Chaerim snapped, "Did 8 years of figure skating mean nothing to you? What about our dream of going to the Olympics together? Did nothing matter at all to you? Did you not even care about 'us'? STOP THINKING OF SOME STUPID FANTASY AND COME BACK TO REALITY!"

"WHY CAN'T YOU UNDERSTAND?" he shouted angrily, "GOING TO THE OLYMPICS IS YOUR GOAL NOT MINE. OUT OF ALL PEOPLE I WOULD'VE THOUGHT YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND, BUT I GUESS NOT. I THOUGHT YOU ACTUALLY CARED FOR ME AND WANTED THE BEST FOR ME?! DON'T YOU CARE ABOUT MY HAPPINESS?"

"WELL YOU GUESSED RIGHT," she roared while trying to hold in her tears, "I DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT YOU WANTING TO BECOME AN IDOL."

Taken aback by her comment, Sunghoon scoffed in disappointment. "WELL, MAYBE IF YOUR DAD HADN'T DIED, YOU WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN SO DAMN ATTACHED TO ME!"

Sunghoon's eyes opened widely as he quickly covered his mouth, just realizing what he said to her.

"Ch-chaeri, I-I didn't mean to-"

Slap

A burning sensation filled Sunghoon's right cheek as he looked down at Chaerim. Her usual lovely smile was replaced with a face full of pain, rage, resentment, and disappointment. Tears rapidly streamed down her cheeks as she could barely look at him. It felt as if a thousand knives stabbed her heart.

"H-how... HOW COULD YOU SAY SUCH A THING!" she sobbed angrily while weakly punching his chest.

"HOW DARE YOU!"

"HOW DARE YOU!"

"HOW DARE YOU!"

Biting on his lower lip, Sunghoon pushed her off as he began to walk away from her.

"PARK SUNGHOON," Chaerim bawled, "I HATE YOU!"

Not caring about the fact she had created a whole scene in front of a person she barely knew, Chaerim dashed out of the building. She collapsed onto the ground bursting into tears. Sobbing and sobbing, ignornig everyone who passed her giving her strange stares, Chaerim got up from the ground with a heavy heart.

"H-how could this have happened?"

-------------------------------------------------------

a/n: this honestly broke my heart trying to write this *sighs