13

"Just like 3 years ago, I'll keep my promise. I promise to stay by your side forever. Even if there are barricades trying to separate us, I'll find away. I will find a way back to you."

"Stop," Chaerim whispered, "Stop lying to me. I know you're going to leave me anyway."

"No, no I'm not," he responded firmly.

"I SAID STOP LYING TO ME!" she screamed while pushing herself away from him, "You're just saying that to make me feel better because I know at the end you're going to end up leaving me too."

"I SAID I'M NOT!" Sunghoon yelled. His loud voice clearly portrayed a voice of frustration and pain as he startled Chaerim. "STOP SAYING I'M GOING TO LEAVE YOU! Why... Why do you keep saying I'm going to leave you? Why do you keep torturing yourself with thoughts like this?"

She firmly stared into his eyes until they were both startled by the loud rumble of thunder. Chaerim stood still as the cold rain disrupted the warm air and started to pour on them.

"How cliché," she scoffed in disbelief.

She turned around and walked back into the ice skating rink, Sunghoon following her.

"Why won't you answer me?" he asked in frustration as Chaerim continued to ignore him.

Coach Ji saw both of them walk back into the building, lightly covered with rain, "Back so soon?"

"I've had enough," Chaerim grumbled as she began to pack all of her belongings and grabbed her book bag, "I'm going home."

"Yah, Park Chaerim, I never said you were allowed to go home," her coach snapped.

Chaerim walked past Coach Ji as she left the building, back into the dark rainy night. In shock by Chaerim's behavior, coach Ji just stood in her place, dumbfounded.

"Sunghoon, you can leave for the night too. Practice apparently ends early today. But please, please Sunghoon, talk some sense into that girl. Whatever happened, I need her to be better before the competition comes up. You guys only have 5½ months left and it'll go by faster than you think," she exclaimed while massaging her temples.

Sunghoon nodded as he packed up all his belongings and ran out of the building, chasing after Chaerim. Since Chaerim was physically exhausted from her long practice hours and lack of sleep, her walking pace was incredibly slow, allowing Sunghoon to catch up with her.

"Chaerim, forget about what happened, let's get on a bus. You're going to get a cold if you walk home in the rain," Sunghoon exclaimed as he caught up with her.

Disregarding Sunghoon's words, Chaerim tried to walk home faster and faster while Sunghoon walked behind her. By the time both of them arrived at the apartment complex, they were both drenched by the cold rain. Shivering as she felt the cool AC brush around her body, Chaerim turned to the right, heading to her apartment while Sunghoon began to walk straight towards the stairs.

**

"Finally, he stopped following me," Chaerim thought with relief, "Okay now I just have to punch in the code and I'll finally get to be alone."

She slid the cover of the keypad up and noticed the numbers on the keypad were not shining like they used to. Pushing the right numbers, none of the buttons made a noise nor a sound saying the door was unlocked.

"What the-" Chaerim muttered under her breath, "Don't tell me the keypad broke."

Chaerim attempted to push in the code thousands of times, tapping on the keypad, doing whatever she could until she couldn't come up with any more ideas on how to get into her house.

"Damnit," she groaned while slamming her fist loudly against the door.

**

Just as Sunghoon began to walk up the stairs, he heard a loud bang. Concerned by the noise, he quickly walked back down the stairs and headed towards the banging sound. Sunghoon walked and made a right turn, to see Chaerim banging her head in exasperation, against her door.

"What on earth is she doing?" Sunghoon questioned in confusion.

"Yah... Chaeri," he hesitantly called.

She immediately turned her head towards the left to see Sunghoon staring at her with a wild expression. Her eyes opened widely as her cheeks turned beet red and swiftly turned her head away from him.

"How much did you see?" she asked with embarrassment.

"Um... the part where you began banging your head on the door," he laughed sheepishly, "Is something wrong with your door?"

She nodded her head softly.

"Come on," he sighed reassuringly while gesturing his hand towards her, "You can come to my apartment. You can call your mom and tell her you're at my house. And don't worry, Yeji is the only one home right now. My parents are at work. Besides, if you stay out here, you're really going to catch a cold."

---------------------------------

a/n: yay chapter 13 is up! sorry its so boring lol it was kind of a filler chapter. i promise chapter 14 is gonna be def more interesting.

AND OMG Y'ALL THE SECOND ENHYPEN DEBUT TRAILER SHSKJGHJKSHG they really are going for a vampire concept IM SCREAMING!