Chapter 46

After James entered the Gryffindor Common Room, he started making his way up the stairs towards their dorm. When he went inside, he saw his friends, who all turned to look at him.

"I'm back," James announced, then he strolled over to his bed and sat down. "What's up?"

Jason turned to face him, his arms crossed across his chest. "What the hell happened, mate?"

"Well –"

"I mean, I know," Jason cut him off. "Mia sent me a message, so I know what happened, but still, what the hell?"

"Did you actually spend the night with Mia?" Isaac asked curiously while he took a seat on the bed next to James'.

"Uh, yeah," James started scratching the back of his neck.

"Dude, that's what I'm talking about!" Isaac threw a pillow at him, grinning. "Look at you, after seven years, you actually achieved something. You're welcome, by the way. I expect to be your best man at the wedding."

"Wedding?" He asked back with wide eyes.

"Well, duh," the blonde rolled his eyes. "Now that you're together, I assume you won't let her go –"

"Wait, wait, wait!" James raised his hands. "Together?"

Owen nodded. "That's what everyone's talking about. Apparently, you two arrived together, and you even confirmed that you're a couple now. There were multiple witnesses."

James closed his eyes. "Ah, man... this is not good."

"Was it supposed to be a secret?" Owen asked. "But if that's the case, why would you tell them?"

"A secret?" Isaac scoffed. "Yeah, right. I mean, she's not my type, but why would anyone keep being with Mia Malfoy a secret? I know for a fact that James wouldn't."

Alexander cleared his throat. "Well, if that's what she wants, he should respect her decision."

James turned to look at Alex, who had a book about Quidditch in his lap.

Isaac rolled his eyes. "You seem kind of bitter, Xan. Don't worry, I'm sure James will train even harder now to impress his girlfriend."

He clenched his jaw while he turned the page. "Yeah..."

"Can you guys shut up?" Jason asked. "She's not his girlfriend."

Owen frowned, confused. "But I heard –"

"I know Mia," Jason interrupted him. "It must have been some sort of misunderstanding, right, James?"

He sighed, nodding. "Yeah, it was. I can see why they think that we're together, but we're not. We're friends."

"Friends?" Isaac let out a laugh. "Yes, that will work out fine. It's not like you've been in love with her for ages, I'm sure you'll be the best buds ever. Watch out, Jace, you've been replaced!"

"We're friends for now," James glared at him. "I'm not saying that we'll never be more."

Alexander closed his book and stood up. "I'll take this back to the Library."

James stood up as well. "I'll go with you."

"Why?" He raised an eyebrow at him.

"I think we should talk," James gave him a meaningful look.

Alex stared at him in silence for a few seconds, then nodded. "Alright."

"You better not kick him out of the team for being in love, Xan," Isaac said. "You won't be able to find a good replacement."