Home | richie tozier

YOU ARE READING PART TWO

>> gif credit to @/an-electricsoul on tumblr <<

fandom | It: Chapter One

character | Richie Tozier

requested | No

warning | Swearing, nsfw implications

word count | 2,011

keys | (Y/n) = Your name, (f/80's/b) = favorite 80's band

>> parts <<

one | I Don't Wanna Lose You

two | Home

summary | Reader comes back to Derry after four years. He's kept his promise, but has Richie

>><<

Richie was never the same after you left. He seemed fine to outsiders, for they knew him as only Trashmouth Tozier but the Losers knew better. They knew that when you left, something changed. He didn't talk about anything important, he made more offensive jokes, and whenever your name was brought up he'd change the subject as fast as he could.

The night you left played in his mind over and over again. He remembered that as you rode away, he promised himself something. He promised that one day, he would see you again and when he did, he would make you his first and only boyfriend.

It was easy the first year. He looked at nobody and nobody looked at him. Then came the second year. He was fifteen and there was a boy. He couldn't even remember his name now. He told him he was so in love with him. He didn't know what to say and before he knew it, they were a thing.

He was the first of many. After him, there was another and after him, there was many more. Both boys and girls. Kaitlyn, Barbara, Jackson, Mercedes, Timothee, Max, Freddy, and there was still more he didn't even remember. I'm sure that if he wrote it all down, the list would contain more names than words in the dictionary.

Honestly, most people thought it was some kind of game. Who would be Richie's next partner? Would they be just another person in his long line of heartbreaks or would they finally be the one?

Richie didn't think of it as a game, though. No one knew but every one of the relationships he fell out of hurt him. Growing older and out of his childlike behaviors made him realize that you were never coming back and he had to accept that, whether he liked it or not. He dated so many people to get you out of his head. Although, it never seemed to work. Every kiss, every hug, every I love you, none of it was real because none of it was you.

You, on the other hand, had never given another boy so much as a second glance. When you were asked out, you'd reply with a simple, "I'm sorry, I'm not single." That was technically a lie, but it had some aspects of the truth. You were single but your heart belonged to one person, and only that one person could be your boyfriend.

Your life in Miami was a lot better than you'd expect it to be. You'd almost go as far as to say it was better than your life in Derry. But seeing as Derry had a Richie and Miami didn't, there was no competition.

You were 17 years old now, only one more year away from being able to move back to Derry. You didn't want to leave your mom but you had to see Richie again. As cheesy as it sounded, he was your soulmate. He was on your mind all the time, even after four years of not seeing him. You needed him in your life.

You smiled as you taped your newest Polaroid to your wall. It was mostly pictures of you and your new friends at the beach or at school or just goofing off wherever you could. However, there were two pictures that were at the top, the ones that always stood out the most to you.