[Chapter 3]

"Guess what I heard?" Jillian squealed, skipping ahead of her friends, Bella, Nolan and his little sister- Laney.

"Oh god, what is it?" Bella groaned.

"Well, a lot of people at our school were gossiping about a murder." Jillian remarked. Nolan exchanged a roll of his eyes with Bella, mimicking Jillian's hand gestures.

"Oh, here we go." Nolan muttered, crossing his arms.

A man casually passed by, the same invitation papers held loosely in his hands. Loosing grasp, he seemed to purposely drop the slips alongside the group, brining Laney's attention towards him. She followed his figure till it was out of sight, while she crouched down and hesitantly picked up the invitations with frail hands, her gaze lightening with interest.

"No, like somebody found a bloody print in the bathroom!" Jillian protested, eager to make her friends to believe. "That's not normal too.." She added.

"Somebody's probably just pulling a prank." Bella suggested, shrugging, though she seemed doubtful herself.

"Yeah, you watch way too much murder mystery, Jillian." Nolan rolled his eyes once more, huffing with annoyance.

"Yeah.. anyways, I'm gonna head home. Bye, guys!" Bella announced, waving her hand in farewell, as she slipped through a door leading outside.

Nolan flicked his hand, though Jillian grew uneasy. "T-take me with you!" She wailed, racing after Bella with long strides. Nolan watched her leave with a puzzled expression, though shrugged it off, as he made his way to Laney's side.

"What'chu got there?" He asked, straining his neck over her shoulder, as he caught sight of the invitations.

"It's a party invitation! Can we go? Please!" She pleaded, gazing up with round sapphire-blue eyes.

Nolan narrowed his eyes. "No, Laney-"

"Please! I've never been to a party!" Laney protested, stamping her foot. Nolan glared towards the ground, sighing. She really can act like a brat sometimes...

"And, they have some murder-mystery set-up too!" She added, eagerly awaiting her brother's answer with little patience.

"Please.." She whimpered once more.

"Fine, but we won't be there long." Nolan muttered, folding his arms. Eyes widening with joy, Laney leapt forward, instantly hugging her brother scrawny arms.

"Yay! Thank you, big brother. C'mon, let's go! It says it'll start soon." Laney instructed, bolting off  into a random direction. Nolan sighed trailing uneasily behind. I'm not too sure about this 'party'... He silently thought.