[Chapter 11]

"What happened to him?"

"He became.. nicer?" Haru compelled a small smile. "But started consuming drugs.." He added, his frown returning. Hazel shared a sympathetic gaze as Haru continued on.

"I tried stopping him. It-it was hard, but worth it." Haru murmured.

"I see." Hazel nodded, placing a hand on her hip. "But I don't think Maggie would go that far by killing him." She explained, as Haru silently murmured agreement.

"But who knows." He added, shrugging.

"Well, I'm gonna go find her." Hazel announced, dipping her head politely as she left the room. "Careful." He called, excusing himself out a different door to a room.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

"Nolan, I'm scared." Laney whimpered, crawling down from a table they sat on. "Can we go home?" She squeaked. "Don't worry, Laney. I'm here for you." Nolan whispered, holding her tightly. "Th-then I'll be here for you too!" She whispered, squeezing her brother with love. Jaxon watched from a few feet away, admiring Nolan's gentleness and patience. Jaxon eventually approached Nolan, while Jenny entered the room. 

"Is your phone working, Nolan?" He questioned, nodding to his device. "Uh-" Nolan paused, as Laney asked if she could talk to Jenny, which Nolan couldn't care less, so he nodded. As Laney greeted Jenny with a warm smile, Nolan pulled out his phone.

"Yeah it's working, why?"

"We should try calling the cops." Jaxon explained. Nolan nodded, as he attempted to dial a number, though no reception appeared. "Ugh." Nolan groaned.

"What do we do now?" Jaxon murmured, a flash of fear darkened his gaze.

"My main priority now is.. Laney." Nolan nodded to his sister. Jaxon smiled in return.

"I'll help you too then." Jaxon murmured, gently grasping his hand. Nolan blushed, though nodded with gratitude. The two smiled, though looked away with embarrassment.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

Natsuki entered a dull living room, only spotting Thatcher sitting on a nearby couch. "Uh, hi." She started. Thatcher glanced over to her, rolling his eyes. Little miss perfect, ugh. He inwardly scoffed. Natsuki invited herself on the couch alongside him, as she took a breath.

"This place is sick." She started. "Why would anybody do this..?"

"The host." Thatcher replied firmly after a moment of silence. "They did this."

"B-but they said one of us did this."

"They hosted the party, they're the ones' who did this." Thatcher repeated himself, placing a hand thoughtfully on his chin.

"I see where you're going.." She nodded softly.

"Let's find them." Thatcher growled, leaping off the couch. Natsuki followed his lead, growing uneasy. "But aren't they dangerous?" She squeaked, scrambling after Thatcher.

"You have me." He winked playfully, causing Natsuki to grow flustered. She brushed away his comment, as she followed him out the room, silently closing the door behind. 

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

Sienna stared from a window, watching the two leave with jealousy. She paused, before turning away.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

"After their appearance, I saw them go in here." Natsuki explained, leading Thatcher to a sturdy door. "Alright, be careful." He nodded.

Natsuki attempted to open the door, though found it locked. "It's locked." She grunted. "Open up, you sick bastards!" Thatcher hissed, banging on the door with a fist. Natsuki parted her mouth, talking, though Thatcher found himself eyeing the door with though. It's wood...

Smirking, he surprisingly kicked it open, as shredded pieces of bark collapsed. "There." He grinned, while Natsuki gaped her mouth open.

The two hesitantly wondered in, finding themselves in a office. "Wow, look at all these files." Natsuki murmured in awe. Thatcher eyed the desk, smirking. "Jackpot." 

He made his way to the desk, as Natsuki uneasily followed. "Do you think we're meant to be here?"

"What do you mean?"

"It's a 'murder mystery' game." She frowned. "They can leave clues." 

"This is so freaking sick." Thatcher muttered, selecting a paper on the desk. He raised a brow, observing the paper with interest. "Natsuki, come check this out." He breathed, flicking his hand to the paper.

"Y-yeah? So what?" She asked, blinking

"Don't you think it's weird? How they kept a three year paper." He remarked.

"The fact that no one really read newspapers, yes." Natsuki nodded.

"Do you think this is a clue..?" Thatcher asked after a moment of silence. "What does it have to do with us though?" Natsuki tilted her head.

"This is stupid." Thatcher grumbled.

 A moving objected shifted, blocking the broken door. Natsuki squealed with fear, as Thatcher cursed with frustration. 

"Someone blocked the fuckin' door." He hissed.

Who blocked the door?

Are they trapped?!