[Chapter 22]

Thatcher, Jaxon and Natsuki instantly rushed in, alarmed by Nolan's cries.

Jaxon held Nolan close, his gaze darkening with grief. He understood how important Laney was to him.. now she was gone.

The three managed to tear Nolan away from his sister's corpse, though it was difficult.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

Natsuki found herself in a empty room with Thatcher, the two hugging each other close. The loss of Laney had affected everyone. Though they had only met her.. she brought them joy and hope.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

Jaxon led Nolan to a living room, guiding him to a couch. 

"I'm so sorry.." Jaxon whispered.

"I shouldn't have let her come to the party!" Nolan sniffled, sobbing into Jaxon's hoodie. It smelled nice, holding a sweet aroma that comforted Nolan.

"Sh-she.." Nolan begun, though paused, not able to find such words to explain how he felt about her death.

"She loves you." Jaxon breathed, lifting Nolan's chin, compelling him to form eye contact.

"She would want you to keep fighting and escape this place." He murmured. Jaxon gently stroked Nolan's chin with his thumb, taking in his features with gentle brown eyes. Nolan held a grief-stricken expression, his pale face spotted with faint freckles, with his curly ginger locks hovering above his eyes.

"She was the only thing that kept me going.." Nolan sniffled, bringing Jaxon back to reality.

"She's an amazing little girl."

"She is." Nolan nodded, brightening. "I just wish I could've given her the best life she could get.."

"You did. You're a wonderful brother." Jaxon exclaimed, his warm smile seeming to draw Nolan into a spell.

Jaxon shifted his head along the tom of Nolan's head, flicking a lock behind his ear. Without a thought of hesitation, Jaxon brought Nolan's face to his, the two sharing a gentle kiss. 

Nolan's spine shivered with desire, his eyes fluttering shut, as he enjoyed the affectionate moment the two shared.

Jaxon was gentle.. not forceful. He was understanding, and honest. He was perfect.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

Thatcher pulled himself from Natsuki, growing worried from Sienna's absence. She should've been back by now..

"Hey, do you wanna help me go look for Sienna?" He asked, nodding to the exit of the room. "She said she was going to the bathroom. But she's taking too long.." Thatcher added.

"Yeah, of course." Natsuki nodded.

The two silently made there way down the hall, arriving at the bathroom.

"I'll go check on her." Natsuki offered, as Thatcher nodded approval.

Natsuki peaked in, letting out a shrill wail. Startled, Thatcher shoved open the door, finding himself gasping aloud...

There lay- no, hung.. Natsuki's body. Her neck tied to a rope, blood trickling down the side of her mouth.

"Wh-why did she do this?" She breathed, startled.

"No, she would never!" Thatcher hissed, tears shimmering in his eyes.

"She.. she was murdered!" He announced, stamping his foot. He was blinded by hate and grief.. he wanted revenge.

"But how, Thatcher?" Natsuki gently questioned, waving a hand to Sienna's limp body.

She gazed along the room, spotting a chair.. but it was on the opposite side of the room. How did Sienna manage to reach and tie herself?- It wasn't possible.

"Wait. Why is this chair so far away..?" Natsuki whimpered, pointing a quivering finger towards the stool.

"You're right. She could've never reached the top of the roof and do this. Not unless someone else was here.." He breathed, narrowing his eyes.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

The black-masked woman made her way down some stairs, opening a door that creaked in reply. "Time for the grande finale~" She giggled.

She pressed a hand on a switch, the lights instantly dimming- until all rooms appeared dark.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

"N-Nolan! Are you OK?"

"Yeah, I'm fin-" 

A body collapsed to the ground, a cold hand knocking Nolan over. Though his vision was already black from the dimmed lights.. he found himself fluttering his eyes shut. Blackness swallowing him whole.

What happened to Nolan?

Find out in the next chapter of.. 'Madhouse'.

Madhouseजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें