[Chapter 14]

Natsuki eventually sighed. "I'm going to find Jenny." She announced. "I'm worried."

"Alright, just be careful." Thatcher muttered, faintly blushing, as Natsuki nodded.

She exited out the room, while Hazel rose to her feet. "I'll stay with Maggie."

"Are you sure?" Jaxon muttered, exchanging a cold glare with Maggie. "I didn't do this." She repeated, growing tired of her 'friend' throwing accusations. While the three argued, Thatcher looked under the bed, beside Haru's body. A bottle of some medicine .. a cloth? What the hell-

"I don't know.." Jaxon started. "I'm seeing a pattern to this. Ricky broke up with you, and suddenly he's dead. Haru confronted you, oh.. he's gone too." He observed.

"It wasn't me!" She wailed, tears leaking down her face. While Hazel soothed Maggie with gentle words, Jaxon couldn't help feeling a bit guilty. I feel so sure about this.. but I have no proof. Besides, she's my friend. She wouldn't do this.. right? Shaking away his unsure thoughts, Jaxon stared silently at the ground, until Thatcher returned to their sides.

"Someone poisoned him." Thatcher murmured, revealing the items he had found. 

"Listen, Thatcher. There wont be any progress if we keep fighting." Jaxon blurted out, hoping Thatcher thought this through. "Can we just work together..?" He added.

"..Fine. Let's go find the rest of them." Thatcher muttered, his pride slipping away. Jaxon's right. If they want to get out of this ghetto joint- they needed to stop bickering.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

Jenny sat on a couch with Laney, scrolling through her phone with interest. Natsuki eventually found the two, revealed they were safe. "Jenny!"

"Hey, Natsuki." Jenny waved her hand, while Laney made an identical move.

Natsuki glanced over to Laney, before meeting Jenny's gaze. "Can we talk alone for a second? Please." She asked.

"Sure thing." Jenny handed her device to Laney, grinning. "Try solving this puzzle while I'm gone."

"The killer killed someone again.." Natsuki whispered, while Jenny's eyes widened with disbelief. "What?!" She breathed, as one of the host approached the two with a frown. The man..

Jenny glared towards the host. "Laney.. come here." She whispered, flicking a hand to her side. Eyes glazed with fear, Laney scrambled behind the two girls, tugging onto Natsuki's skirt.

"Why are you doing this?" Natsuki questioned the host, placing a hand on Laney's shoulder. The host raised an eyebrow with confusion, tilting his head.

"Doing what?" He asked.

"All this!" Natsuki hissed, her patience fading away. The host stared at the ground, wildly smiling in a strange way that made Jenny grow fearful.

"What's so funny?" Jenny flatly questioned.

The host looked away, while Laney hugged Jenny's waist, her eyes wide with dismay.

"..Listen. Try to leave as fast as possible, you hear, girlie?" He eventually responded, looking around the room, as his voice dropped to a whisper.

"What are you talking about?.." Natsuki blurted, walking closer to the man, while Jenny soothed Laney with silent words of comfort.

"One of your little 'friends'.. is doing this." He replied, crossing his arms. "Don't trust them- or anyone." He murmured. With a blink of his eyes, he turned away, exiting the room with a frown.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

Thatcher and Jaxon left the room with Hazel and Maggie, sighing. "You should really calm down with Nolan." Jaxon murmured. Thatcher rolled his eyes. "It's none of your business."

The two entered another room, closing the door behind. "He's been through a lot." Jaxon stated, hoping he could reason with Thatcher. "Pfft, don't care." He muttered in reply.

"He did it for Laney, the kid. His parents left them when they were very young." Jaxon explained, as Thatcher's gaze instantly darkened. He had no idea.

Thatcher open his mouth to apologize, when a host entered the room, apparently not realizing the two boys yet. It was the blonde-haired woman. The woman slipped into another room, while Thatcher and Jaxon exchanged a look, nodding. 

The two silently followed the host, following her into the room where Thatcher had found the whole in the wall. "Natsuki and I were in here- that's how we got to your side of the room." He explained, gazing at the shattered door.

"Looks like they got rid of the thing blocking the door..." Thatcher silently remarked, as they welcomed themselves in.

Jaxon spotted her frowning, as the host and him made eye contact. "We're here to-" He started, though Thatcher raced forward, pinning the woman to the ground, grasping tightly at her neck. He's chocking her! Jaxon panicked- this wasn't part of the plan.

"Thatcher-" He paused, lowering his tone, as he took in a breath. "Can we please clam down and talk with her..?"

With a roll of his eyes, Thatcher stepped off the blonde-headed woman, as she let out a sharp breath, her face red from the lack of oxygen.

"Let us out of this hellhole. It's not worth keeping us in here." Thatcher hissed, crossing his arms.

The woman nodded meekly. "I'll tell you who the murderer is.." She rasped, rising to her feet.

She pulled out a sheet of paper from the back of her pants. "The culprit is-" The lights flashed off, the room growing dark. 

"What the hell?"

"Jaxon?"

"Yeah?-"

A gun shot filled the room, causing the guys to yell aloud, as they blindly ducked down. A sudden flash of light startled them, as they realized the lights turned on, but-

The host coughed out a pool of blood, gagging, as she gasped for air. She staggered to the ground, scarlet leaking from beneath.

She was dead.

Who killed the host?

Will they figure out who the murderer is?!