chapter 1

Y/n perspective

I open my eyes to the dank ceiling of my hotel room. 'Here we go' I thought as I yawned and stretched. My name is y/n l/n, I am in 11th grade(16) and a foreign exchange student. I am from America going to live with the Saiki's in Japan until the end of high school. I've never met them but they seemed like nice people over the phone. My Japanese is a bit rough but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it after living here for a while. I pull out my phone and order my cab, It'll take about an hour to get from the hotel. 'I'll have time to catch up on my sleep, I could barely sleep last night I was so excited. great!'

Saiki's perspective

Good grief, my parents are hosting an exchange student. My names Saiki Kusuo and I have physic powers. Now, most kids would be ecstatic, or at least a little excited to have a kid their age living with them but not me, what a pain. I hope they're not too nosey, I really don't need another person cluttering up my life. Why can't I just have a peaceful, average life? Oh well, I guess I'll just avoid them. It's gonna be hard to keep my powers from them, should I tell them?... Nah, I'll just keep to myself and use them when I'm alone.

Y/n

"Aye, AYE!  Wake up miss, we're here.

"Hm?" I open my eyes " Oh, sorry. Thanks"

I pay the driver and step out to see a nice well kept looking house. I muster up all my courage and ring the bell

                                                  *riing*

Saiki

Good grief, they're here. can I just stay upstairs?

"Saiki!!!!! Come down and meet our guest." guess not. What a pain! I walk downstairs not excited at all about this. My mom fixes my collar and ruffles my hair, I give her an annoyed look

"What? You need to look nice Ku"

"Good grief"

Dad opened the door. "Hi!" she said excitedly. Wow, She's pretty... WAIT! How is she pretty?! She should look like muscles and bones to me. Are my powers not working? I look over to my dad, I see him for a split second then my powers take over and he turns to bones, but when I look at her I see... her?! Now that I think of it I can't hear her thoughts either. Oh no, no no no. This can't be good. Why don't my powers work on her???