chapter 4

Sunday

y/n

'Ugh today has been boring, it's almost 2 and all I've done today is unpack. At least my rooms clean now' I step out of my room and go downstairs. " Hi sweetie" Kurumi smiles at me, "Hungry?"

"No thank you, where's Saiki?" 

"I  think he's in his room, why?"

" I've been trying to hang out with him and be friendly, but nothing seems to work. Have any suggestions"

" He really likes sweets, coffee jelly is his favorite. You can bribe him into almost anything with that" She laughs, " Saiki isn't a huge people person, still I think he'd secretly enjoy your company if you asked him to hang out"

Saiki

'Good grief, I can hear y/n and mom talking downstairs about me. I can't quite hear what they're saying but moms thoughts are definitely loud 

OUUHH WHAT IF SAIKI AND Y/N BECOME FRIENDS... OR BEST FRIENDS... OR EVEN A GIRLFRIEND!!! I CAN'T WAIT I CANT WAIT, I'M GOING TO DO EVERYTHING I CAN TO MAKE THAT HAPPEN. YAAAAAY

Calm down Mom, that's never going to happen. what a pain. *knock knock* I open my door, there's y/n and mom behind her. 

" Hey Saiki, I needed to go to the store. Since I don't know the area well I was wondering if you would come with me?" I was about to say no when I saw Mom's face. I could hear her thoughts too, I guess I'll have to go. "sure"

Y/n

We walked to the store in absolute silence. When we got there he said he'd wait outside. I didn't actually need to go to the store, I just wanted a reason to hang out with him. 'guess I'll get something' I walked into the ilses got myself a bag of chips and a hairbrush(I forgot mine at home). I decided to also get Saiki some coffee jelly since his mom said he liked it.

Saiki

What a pain. I watch her walk out of the store, "ready?" I'm annoyed that i have to be here. 

"yeah one sec" She says as she rumages through her bag, " here you go" she hands me some coffee jelly, The three pack!! Maybe she's no so bad.

Y/n 

I hand Saiki the coffee jelly, for the first time I see a little smile on his lips. He is quite cute. "thanks" he says and we walk back in silence. Once I get to my room a silently celebrate, "Progress!"