Introductions

Getting off the train, to be brought up to the castle by carriage, made my head flood with memories. Me, James, Sirius and Peter all used to clamber into the same carriage while producing fireworks into the sky by the end of our wands. I chuckled to myself. We sure knew how to have fun.

I sat in the Great Hall, perched on my seat at the teachers table. Felt strange to not be one of the small faces glaring up. Dumbledore introduced me to the school and I felt at home , not half as nervous as I thought I would be. While I thought that was all the new greetings over, the two large doors at the end of the Hall opened wide. Everyone's head turned to look at who caused the rather grand entrance. Strutting through as if she had all the confidence in the world was a woman. She looked around 5ft6, with short wavy brown hair. Her skin was golden brown as though she had just come off holiday, which contrasted her ice blue eyes. I felt myself rather taken a back by the striking beauty and confidence, but who was she?

"Ah, Miss Black, welcome" Dumbledore announced as everyone's eyes followed her up to the teachers table. " Everyone, Miss Black will be an extra teacher this year to offer support to all students in all subjects, her main topic is The Defence Against The Dark Arts so this is where you will find her, should you request assistance." She sat herself beside me casting a spell which made a chair appear, " Hello, Rosie Black, but you can just call me Rosie" she offered her hand and I shook it introducing myself " Remus Lupin." I don't know if it was just cold in the Hall but as soon as her hand connected with mine, it felt like a thousand Goosebumps all over my body." So," I said trying to compose myself " I guess ill be seeing a lot of you then" I smirked, " That you will be Remus" Rosie replied returning the smile.

After the feast ended, I made my way over to the teachers wing for the first time. It was calm, quiet and welcoming and a smile took over my face as this would be were my home was. Entering my room, it was rather spacious with burgundy , brown wallpaper and matching furniture. Dumbledore said I could customize my room however I wanted, but seeing I had hardly any possessions, I decided to leave it as it was, feeling rather grateful to have a room anyway.

I had the best nights sleep I'd had in years, as the soft fresh pillows comforted my face. Waking up bright and early, I put on my khaki green suit and headed for breakfast. To my surprise, quite a few people were already in the Hall, including Rosie. " Good morning Remus!" she sprouted chirpily, way to energetic for this time of the day, " Good morning, did you sleep alright" I politely asked. I've always based myself on manners, saying being polite can take you a long way. And here I was, a teacher in Hogwarts, proving my theory correct. " Oh I slept magnificently, thank you. How about yourself?"responding to my question "The best sleep I've ever had" I replied smiling.

Me and Rosie talked about our career experiences for the rest of lunch. It turned out she spent the majority of her life abroad, working on a variety of different jobs, from training magical creatures, to fighting Death Eaters. We walked together to both of our first ever teaching lesson "Nervous?" I asked " Maybe a little" I looked to her "Well we will be nervous together" as we pushed through the door.

For the first lesson I decided to work on boggarts. Easy to get rid of, but hard to mentally overcome, as they form the shape of your worst fear. The third year students were rather scared, but lightened up after seeing one another cast their fears away by shouting " Ridikulus". Next up was Harry Potter. I held my breath, expecting the bogart to take the shape of Voldemort, but to my surprise the boggart turned into a dementor. Knowing this was a fresh fear, I flung myself in front of Harry, as the boggart changed to my fear. The full moon. Desperately trying to keep my secret I quickly shouted " Ridikulus" and cast the boggart back into the chest cupboard. Wiping the sweat of fear away from my head, I dismissed the class with a few groans from the students who didn't get to have a turn.As the students sauntered out, Rosie approached me. "Scared of the moon are we?" she nudged me jokingly, fear in my eyes, clearing my throat I said " Yes, scary thing the moon is" adding a fake laugh at the end hoping she wouldn't notice how tense I was. " It can be a pesky little thing" she retorted as she walked out of the classroom.

Maybe working here wasn't such a good idea.