Hopeless

We got awoken, what appeared to be the middle of the night, by a piercing scream. Instinct kicked in and I stood up wand raised. I looked at Rosie who had done the exact same thing.

"What the Merlins beard was that!?" She pestered, a hint of fear in her voice.

"I'm not sure but it sounded as though it came from the courtyard, let's go see" I replied. I wanted to tell Rosie to stay, for her own safety, however I knew she wouldn't listen.

We arrived at the courtyard to see a massive huddle of students crying. We pushed ourselves through to see Harry and Minnie crouched over a body. Dumbledore.

I chocked on air and fell to the floor. The man who put faith in me, gave me hope, gave me a home, was dead. The greatest wizard alive, dead. The protector of us all, the one who even Voldemort himself feared, dead.

Rosie crouched beside me bringing me into her chest. I sobbed heartedly. I didn't care that the students saw my tears.

Another great loss.

Harry ghostly follow me and Rosie back to my room. Students weren't allowed in the teachers quarters, but with the headteacher dead,nobody seem to care.

While sipping on our hot teas, no one spoke. None of us could find any words to speak. That was until Harry whispered something.

"It was Snape, Snape killed him."

My eyes widened, as did Rosie's. I knew Snape's devilish nature, but I knew he also looked up to Dumbledore. He'd placed his trust in him too.

"Are you sure Harry? You could get into a lot of trouble for this" Rosie said, hand on his shoulder.

"I was there, it was supposed to be Malfoy who killed him but Snape pushed him out the way and did it himself" he muttered, still not looking up.

Rosie turned and looked at me with concern. This confirmed Malfoy was a Death Eater.

Harry told us the rest of the story, tears streaming down his face. I wasn't the only who lost a father figure tonight. He told us about the Horcruxes, Rosie reassured him that her and Regulus would help him as they were experienced.

We all decided to go back to Grimmauld to see the rest of the Order, some may already know the news. We begged Harry to stay but he refused saying he wanted to continue what Dumbledore started. He had bravely and courage I'll give him that, but it often led him to dangerous situations.

All of us stumbled through Grimmauld door,to be welcomed to a wand in our faces.

"Merlin you all scared the life out of me! Why do you all look like someone's died?" Sirius said chuckling. Noticing that no one showed any sign of amusement, he questioned " Wait, someone hasn't actually died have they?"

"Dumbledore is dead Sirius" I managed to cluster enough air to speak.

Sirius's face crumbled and I saw a tear stroll down his cheek. Sirius wasn't as close to Dumbledore as me but he was still a friend of us all.

"Are the rest of the order here brother?" asked Rosie.

As the words left her mouth the Weasleys stumbled in , also in tears. All the siblings were there bar Charlie, Percy and Ginny. Percy wasn't to be spoken of as he chose the Ministry over family. Charlie would no doubt be off in Egypt with his dragons and Ginny must still be at school, regarding her age.

"I'm hazarding a guess you all know then" Sirius said,plonking himself down heavily onto the kitchen table.

"What are we going to do? Dumbledore was the reassurance of all of our safety, especially Harry!? Mrs Weasley cried out.

"I know Molly, I know. However I must say we ought to all stick together now more than ever! We are the last hope for us to win this war. Dumbledore would want us to continue fighting, and fight in his name we shall!" Sirius beckoned.

Everyone started bumbling about the house, most just going straight to bed. I approached Sirius who was still sat in the kitchen deep in thought.

"That was quite a speech Padfoot, I'm sure even Prongs would be proud of that one!" I said nudging him with a little grin.

"Oh please, Prongs always loved my speeches!" replied a grinning Sirius.

Before I could reply, we were interrupted by the two ginger twins.

"Wait a minute did use just say what we think you said? George did they just say Padfoot and Prongs?" Fred said eyeing his brother.

"I'm positive they did Freddie. I think we've just met our Lord and Saviours!" George replied.

Me and Sirius looked at one another , snugging slightly. The two twins hurriedly sat in the chairs opposite us and divulged into conversation.

"You guys created the most genius creation being the Marauders Map! Merlins beard Freddie, slap me so I know this is real!" Me and Sirius chuckled which was interrupted by a load slapping noise.

"Blimey I didn't think you were actually going to do it! You two are worse than we were!" Sirius said hurting out laughing.

"You ask and you shall receive" Freddie retorted pushing out his chest. We all burst out laughing and chatted the night away. Forgetting about the trauma of the night,that would soon catch up to us.