To begin is to end

Me and Sirius informed the trio of all secret passages to Hogwarts. The reminiscence of this upset me, thinking of all the pranks we did in our teenage years. They agreed on one and set of and we bid them good luck. I hugged Sirius farewell and apparated back to home. Our home.

When I entered the house Rosie was stood at the kitchen,singing along to the radio.

"Mamma
Just killed a man
Put a gun against his head
Pulled the trigger now he's dead"

This was James's favourite song. Him and Sirius would continuously belt it in the Great Hall with no shame. I smiled to myself before wrapping my arms around Rosies waist.

"Merlin Remus! Do you want to kill me?" Rosie exclaimed. My lips softly chuckled against her neck.

"Of course not love, I do apologise" my trail of kisses led to Rosie letting out a sigh of pleasure which made me smirk. I let go of her waist and walked out to the front balcony, lighting a cigarette.

"You're such a tease,you know?" A frustrated Rosie said standing next to me. I always made sure not to blow smoke in her direction, I knew she wasn't fond of it.

"Mmm one of my best qualities,wouldn't you say?" I grinned, exhaling smoke as I spoke.

"I think you've spent to much time with my brother" she laughed.She wasn't wrong. Me and Sirius were as close as ever after that night on the Weasley sofa. Letting out all our emotions and tears, speaking of the past no matter how hard it was. We were the last Marauders left and we sure weren't going to lose one another.

"Anyhow, while your smoking away your stresses, there's something I have to tell you" Rosie started fidgeting with her fingers. This can't be good.

I frowned at her but stubbed my cigarette out nonetheless, giving her my full attention. Our eyes connected and I could sense her anxiousness.

"Okay here it goes. So you know the other night after we came back from training and then things got a little bit... passionate?" I nodded with a grin. It was a good night, I still had no clue where this was going.

"Well..erm...basically itookatestandimpregnant" she spoke the last words so quickly I couldn't comprehend what she said.

"I'm sorry love your going to have to say that again, a bit slower" I laughed but it was a nervous laugh.

Rosie sighed before repeating her words.
"I'm pregnant."

My eyes felt as though they'd fell out their sockets. Pregnant!? Merlin I never thought of becoming a father. Would I be good enough? I mean for heavens sake I'm a werewolf! I cant be around children. What if I hurt it? What if I killed it?

"Please say something" Rosie spoke sounding vulnerable. I realised I'd been quiet for a while.

"Is... is it mine?" I nervously asked. Rosie let out a laugh which instantly made me feel better.

"All that silence and that's what you say!? Bloody hell, of course it's yours Remus!"

The negatives went to the back of my head and a massive smile formed on my face. I pulled Rosie to me and lifted her up, her legs wrapped around me as I spun her around only stopping to kiss her. I was going to have a family with this woman. A family.

The moment was swiftly interrupted by the familiar patronus of Sirius Black.

"Beloved sister and bestie, please stop kissing and come to Hogwarts. It's beginning."

I put Rosie down and gave her a concerned look.

"You stay here, I cant lose you and definitely not when your carrying our child" I said sternly. Rosie gave me a frustrated look and shook her head.

"Absolutely not! I let everyone down in the last war and I'm certainly not going to sit back and do nothing. I'm fighting, end of" Rosie scowled at me. I sighed, running my hand through my hair. She was stubborn, too stubborn so I nodded my head.

"Fine but you do not leave my side, do you understand?" My voice was serious and stern but inside my stomach was doing flips.

"Mmm didn't know you could be so demanding Mr Lupin, it's kind of attractive," she kissed me cheek," but I wouldn't dream of leaving your side."

When we got to Hogwarts we found the rest of the member stood outside the doors of the Great Hall.

"Hello Moony pal, dear sister" Sirius hugged us both as we acknowledged the rest of the Order.

"Harry's in their confronting Snape and we're going to make some badass entrance" Fred was grinning profusely beside his twin. Always a joy in dire situations.

"And I believe that's our cue, in we go everyone" Kingsley spoke and we all entered the hall in formation, wands at the ready.My hand was in Rosie's with Regulus and Sirius either side of us.

"How dare you stand where he stood. Tell them how it happened that night! Tell them how you looked him in the eye, a man who trusted you, and killed him! Tell them!" Harry roared with passion. James and Lily would be proud, as were me and Sirius.

"That's my boy" I heard Sirius mutter under his breath.

Drastically, Snape aimed his wand at Harry and we all aimed them at him. Harry was soon pushed to the side by Mcgonagall herself, who had her wand aimed at Severus. Now the two Professors were duelling, Mcgonagall clearly winning as Snape retreated to the window before jumping and flying away.

"Coward!" Minerva screamed after him.

"Ugh if I'm not the one to kill Snivellus, my life will be for nothing" Sirius groaned next to me as the Slytherins were guided to the dungeons.

"Are you serious right now?" Regulus gave his brother a look of disbelief. I put my hand to my face and cursed under my breath, knowing what was coming.

"I'm glad you noticed brother, I knew you were clever! I am Sirius still after all this time!" Sirius proudly clapped his hands. Will he ever stop?

The trio disappeared to find the horcrux, which apparently had something to do with Ravenclaw. The rest of us spread out to our positions. Me and Rosie to the clock tower, the brothers to the Astronomy tower.

"Good luck Padfoot, stay safe, send for me if you need help" I spoke in his ear as we embraced. I was scared. I'd already lost so many people. Not again, not this time.

"I know Moony, I know. Look after my sister will you?" He patted my back before pulling away, he and Regulus ran to the tower not looking back.

"Come on then sweetheart, let's go kick ass" Rosie held her hand out to me and grabbed it not letting go as we ran to to our stake.

In the tower we both watched in awe at the protective shield being formed over the school.

"I never thought I'd see Hogwarts like this, I have so many happy memories here"my throat was closing as tears started to brim but I shook my head. Pull yourself together Remus, not the time for antiques.

In the distance I noticed and army of Death Eaters and of course Voldemort himself. His anger fuelled him and not long after it was formed, the barrier fell. The swarm of thousands of Death Eaters made my toes curl, this was it.

I turned to Rosie and placed my hands on her shoulders, forcing her to look me in the eyes.

"Promise me Rosie, promise me, that when I tell you to run, you run. Don't look back or this will be for nothing. I'll do anything and everything to protect you and our baby, anything. I love you, I love you so very much" I kissed her forehead before wiping her tears away with my thumb.

"You've made me the happiest man alive Rosie Black, every second spent with you is the best time of my life" I whispered as our heads rested against one another.

"I wont leave you Remus, and you won't leave me. After this, we will raise our child together, a family full of love. Anything without you isn't worth doing, so now you promise me you won't get yourself killed" Rosie sobbed quietly as she spoke.

"I'll try my best love, I love you."

"I love you Remus, with all my heart."

"Till the very end?"

"Till the very end."