Reunion

"I'm sorry, did you just say sister!?" I exclaimed. Sirius has never once mentioned another sibling,beside his younger deceased brother Regulus.

"I- " Rosie was fumbling her words, clearly as shocked as the rest of us.

Quickly the mood changed as Sirius got angry. " I thought you were dead! I grieved! I grieved for weeks and months! Both of you just disappeared the same day, leaving me all on my own!" Sirius was relentless, tears falling down his face.

"Sirius, theres a lot of explaining I need to do and I shall, should you allow me?" I noticed Rosie had returned to her usual calm demeanour.

Sirius looked like he was about to argue again, but held his tongue and nodded silently. We all sat down in my office, the tension still thick. I was just as curious for this explanation,but I also wanted to hear why Sirius would never mention her to us.

"I guess I should start from the beginning, as you know,Regulus became a death eater. However one day, he came home in tears so obviously I asked what was wrong. He told me he didn't know what he got himself into and instantly regretted it, there's no getting rid of the dark mark though. As things started brewing up with the rise of Voldemort, he wanted to leave for America and asked me to come with him." Rosie sighed before she got interrupted by Sirius.

"You could of told me! Merlin even asked me,I loved the both of you with all my heart, I would of helped!" I'd never seen Sirius in such a state. He'd always hated the reputation of his family, but him and Regulus normally saw eye to eye.

"I begged Regulus to let me bring you, but he wouldn't even let me tell you. He wanted to make sure that no one would no of our whereabouts,for safety. It broke me leaving you brother, I thought of you everyday. One day, Regulus wanted to start looking for the horcruxes,to destroy Voldemort and I presume this is where you thought I died." Gulping back tears Rosie continued, " We got to the cave where the locket was and discovered one of us must drink the potion to get hold of it. Regulus immediately started drinking it without discussion and he deteriorated in front of me but I knew we must finish it. Demons started appearing and we fought them off and managed to escape. Regulus declared it would be best to get Kreacher and Mundungus to tell everyone he died, confundus charmed them,obviously."

I'd had my breath held, as I thought about everything Rosie was saying. It must've been hard for her to leave Sirius behind but she couldn't not help Regulus. She'd always help others before her own needs.

"Then why did it not say you died then?" I asked, hoping not to seem nosy.

" Many people were unaware of my existence, so not many questioned were asked, Id often just used my middle name as my last name, Rosie Grace." Rosie glanced at her brother, who was just staring at her, clearly shocked.

"Why are you not using it here at Hogwarts?" Again me being invested in the story.

"Once I'd heard Sirius was out of Azkaban I'd hope he would end up hearing of me and that I'd get to see him again." Rosie said, casting a small smile at Sirius.

"Where's Regulus then,if he's not really dead?" Sirius finally spoke up. A similar question I had in my mind.

"He's under a different name, Rondo Thirsk, stole it from a deceased muggle. It's been years since he's used magic, scared people would be able to track him. So as we speak,he's working a 9 to 5 job as a lawyer, always was a smart one" she said with a hint of pride in her tone.

"I - I just can't believe use are alive, I cried my eyes out about the both of you, I felt so alone, I felt not good enough" Sirius voice cracked as he struggled to keep his tears in.

"I'm sorry brother, I really am, if you'd let me I'd like to give it another go at being your sister again?" She said looking hopeful at Sirius.

"Promise not leave me again?"

"I promise."

Rosie bid us goodnight, giving Sirius a warm embrace, before retreating to her chamber.

"Would you like to tell me why you never told anyone about her, even your close friends?" I said glancing a look at Sirius. I knew he was still overwhelmed but I wanted it all cleared,tonight.

"Listen I thought she was dead! I was heartbroken I couldn't even choke her name up. The last thing I wanted was for the four of you talk about her or even joke about her. And as she said, she wasn't well known."

"Did she come to Hogwarts?" This was the main question. If she was in the same grounds as us, then I knew he had his reasons.

"Yes, but only for our first year, she was in her last. I didn't want use to know so you wouldn't flirt with her," he chuckled slightly,"Her and Regulus disappeared after his third year."

All this time the rest of us had been so oblivious , or Sirius is good at protecting those he loves. I got up, and made way for the door, telling Sirius to lock it on his way out. Just as I was about exit the door,Sirius spoke " Don't think I didn't see the two of you kissing, Moony" he said grinning,winking at me.

I was never going to hear the end of this.