Build up

The Order all trained against one another, sharpening up our duelling skills. I'd been rather distant after the other night however Regulus and Sirius both assured me that they understood. Typically, like I always do when I go through a dark patch,I returned to some bad habits. Smoking. Not just cigarettes but weed also. Back in when I was a student at Hogwarts I used to do it all the time, it helped calm me down and the weed made the anxiety of transforming ease.

I knew it was bad and I'd gotten scolded for it off everyone but it helped me at the time so I kept doing it. Sirius occasionally has a smoke but he's been picking himself together recently. The reunion of his siblings has done him the world of good. Rosie wasn't keen on my habit yet acknowledged that it was soothing for me.

After the attack we decided we wanted a winter wedding but was yet to find a location that would be safe enough.

"Remus there's somewhere, something, I'd like to show you" Rosie held her hand out so we could apperate and I obliged. My feet crunched as they landed in a pile of leaves. It appeared we were in the middle of a vast forest.

"If your planning to murder me, I must say this is an exquisite spot" I half joked.

"Got to agree with you there but sadly I'm not going to kill you" Rosie replied walking ahead of me.

"Sadly! Merlin" I sighed running to catch her up.

We walked for about 10 minutes before a lodge house came into view. The architect matched the forest so it blended in rather well. It was beautiful, calm and modern with a touch of class.

"Erm Rosie why are we here?" I asked looking around for signs of anyone else.

"I thought you'd never ask! This Moony, this is our home" Said Rosie a massive smile on her face. Dumbfounded, I stared at her. New home? Merlin this would of cost a fortune!

"You- you payed for this?" My voice stuttered.

"Yes, since Regulus technically never betrayed the family he still had access to the family bank so he gave me and Sirius a hefty fortune" She nodded.

"I can see that. So this is for just us?" I asked. Surely Sirius wouldn't riggle his way in.

"Just for me and you, I thought this would be right up your street. The forest will be good for your transformations and I've already decorated inside. There's a cupboard full of healing potions and the like" Rosie grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the house. She fumbled in her pocket for the key and twisted it in the door. Immediately you were greeted with a sitting room which was painted white but had black and brown ornaments adding to the aesthetic. The kitchen was also open to view which was painted a green shade.

"I hope you like it, I tried to combine our styles together" Rosie sheepishly inquired.

"It's amazing Rosie, truly amazing" I kissed her cheek before she pulled me up the stairs. She pointed out the bathroom and the "health" cupboard as she called it. The final room was the bedroom. Once more it was painted white and the furniture was a dark oak brown. There was a shelf full of books and a desk with parchment everywhere.

"My word Rosie this is incredible. I -I promise I'll pay you back, once this wars finished I'll get a job if I can obviously-"

Rosie shut me up by grabbing my shirt and kissing me with great passion.

"Stop being daft Remus, what's mine is yours."

"I love you Rosie so much."

"I love you."

Sirius as always came by and made himself at home. Rosie assured me he wouldn't be staying but there was a spare bedroom anyway.

"I cant believe it, your all grown up Moony" Sirius faked wiped a tear from his cheek.

"Shove off, at least one of us is" I retorted.

"I'm hurt! I'm very grown up thank you, so grown up in fact, I've got a job" Sirius puffed his chest out.

"You have a job?"Rosie raised her eyebrows and so did I.

"Yes I do I'm in a famous band."

I snorted out loud as Rosie looked in horror.

"A band!? Since bloody when?" She exclaimed. I put my hand on her shoulder trying to regain composure from laughing.

"Your dear brother often gets confused between his dreams and reality I'm afraid. Once he swore he was the Prince of England for a whole week" I chuckled recollecting memories.Rosie snorted and covered her mouth trying to struggle her laugh. Sirius almost looked hurt.

"Bloody good dream that was as well!" He protested which sent us further into our hysterics.

The house was lovely and being alone with Rosie was magnificent. A month went by and we'd been told Harry and his friends had found the horcux and destroyed it. There was three left which he was adamant one was at Hogwarts.

We met in Grimmauld place as Harry and Hermione instructed us on their knowledge with an often snide remark from Ron.

"Harry, Hogwarts is in control of Snape and his Death Eaters, you'll never get in." Arthur said sternly.

Sirius and I glanced at each other smirking profoundly.

"Hmm I think me and Remus can help there" Sirius said his eyes twinkling.

I apologise this chapters all over the place. The story is coming to an end though but I'll either be continuing my Marauder story or starting a fresh one!