Flashback

Sure enough Harry was absent the next day

Sure enough Harry was absent the next day. My heart ached for him. He's been through so much and every year more just gets added to the pile.Me and Sirius was his only family left, yet he hardly knew us. The fun we all had when we used to go round to Godrichs Hollow, laughing while James tried to teach Harry quidditch at the age of 1. I'd never felt happier. Rosie made me feel happy, Merlin she really did, but there's nothing like having your 4 friends who were there for you when you felt so alone.

Rosie and I still had sessions to teach that day but my mind was elsewhere. It was Sirius and mines job to keep Harry safe, yet he was out there doing something incredibly dangerous while we just sit back and wait. I was feeling frustrated. Angry. Lost.

"Remus my love, Remus are you okay?" Rosie asked tentatively.

I broke away from my thoughts and looked at her. Her wavy black hair flowed perfectly around her shoulders, while her bright eyes stared at me with concern. Her beauty and auto was astounding and I'd never felt so lucky for her to be mine. I still didn't believe it.

"Why me Rosie? Why me? I'm poor,lonely and a bloody werewolf! Look at you! Your glamour and spirited soul deserves someone better than me! I'm not good enough for you and I never will be!" I shouted. I'd only realised my tone once the words came out and I gulped. I saw her eyes change to pain and could see tears forming. I couldn't witness this, I'd caused her to cry. Rationally I stood up and quickly walked out of the room, ignoring her screaming my name.

It was night time and the stars were glistening with the moon over the Black Lake. My head rested against the Marauders tree while I stared motionless into the distance. How did everything go so wrong? The night before Lily and James died, we were all planning a party for Sirius's birthday. A birthday he never got to celebrate. A birthday he spent alone in a rusty, dark, cold cell for a crime he didn't commit. The night of Halloween was the worst night of my life. The pain of the full moons were nothing compared to the pain I felt that night. Nothing.

I shut my eyes as I visually remembered receiving the news.

I lay on my bed with the radio blasting while I wrapped Sirius's present. He will adore this. Maybe kill me, but he will never admit he likes it. As the song finished an announcement came through.

"Breaking news. Voldemort has been defeated by none other than a child. Harry James Potter,age 1, was the last known survivor of the night. His parents, Lily and James Potter, both sacrificed themselves to save the boy. The boy who survived a killing curse. The boy who lived! Reports say Sirius Black has been arrested for the murder of 12 muggles, including his friend Peter Pettigrew. Black was also known to be the Secret Kepler for the Potters before giving them away to the Dark Lord. Stay tuned for more news!"

Tears were streaming down my face without me even realising. It can't be true. Lily and James, dead. Peter dead. Sirius in Azkaban for betraying his friends. I screamed as I fell to my knees. My heart was shooting with pain, I couldn't stand, I couldn't see. I picked the radio up and threw it with every anger I had against the wall. I watch it crumble in pieces to the floor, exactly like me. I needed to go. I didn't know where but I needed to leave. I ran out of my house and into the forest. A forest where my friends had helped me with my transition. My friends. I screamed and yelled to the sky before I tripled and fell once more. I knew my hands and arms were bleeding with cuts but I didn't care. My friends were gone and I was all alone.

I blinked open my eyes which were full of tears and suddenly felt a hand on my shoulder. Rosie. She looked at me with pain as she took in my appearance. I was a mess. She slid her back against the tree, and scuttled along so her head was on my shoulders. Rosie was still here, even after all I just said to her. The pain I caused her. Why was she doing this? I dont deserve this.

"Rosie what are you doing" I mumbled still not looking at her.

"I told you once and I'll tell you again. I'm not leaving you Remus. I'm staying."

I let out a sob at her words l. She wrapped her arms around me, the warmth of her touch instantly filling the emptiness in my heart.

"You aren't alone Remus, please don't isolate yourself" she whispered into my chest.

" I'll try my love, I'll try."

Rosie and I went back to my room not speaking. It was a comfortable silence, both of us deep in our imaginations. We cuddled into each other before falling asleep, entangled in one another.

Maybe there was hope for me. Maybe Rosie was the hope I need. The light in dark times. She was so selfless. Spending a lot of her life looking after her brother Regulus, abandoning her own life. Here she was pushing her own life away to be there for me. She needs to be treated right, like a queen, she deserves the world. I'll try my very best to give her that, no matter what it takes.