Power

For the second lesson I'd teach, I decided it would be best to try and teach the students how to produce a patronus. With the dementors guarding Hogwarts, from my old ,mass murdering best friend who'd escaped from Azkaban, it was necessary that they knew how to protect themselves.
"Good morning class! Today we will be trying to cast our own patronus, as skill that will prove vital in your protection."
The students looked intrigued at the chance to conjure a big spell, but I felt a pair of eyes on me from the corner.Miss Black.
She had a dark ,long coat draped over her shoulders, with a white blouse and tartan skirt, showing off her long legs. I gave her a quick smile and looked away before she knew I was staring.
"Okay let's get started," I announced " you must picture the strongest, happiest memory you have. The memory that makes you feel most alive." Only a few students managed to produce the spell which was far better than I had expected . Hardly any witches and wizards could produce one,as it took real skill and focus.I could see Harry was struggling, so I offered him extra lessons after classes. " The dementors specifically like you Harry, you've had a lot of traumas in your life so they know you would suffer" I sighed. No child should have to go through what he's been through, heck no adult should either. I wish I could of done more to protect his parents.

Miss Black had already warmed students hearts, as she chattered away to them laughing and smiling, nevertheless helping them with the work. Just as the lesson was about to end, the students pestered Rosie into showing them her patronus. I myself was intrigued so I gave her a glance, eyebrows raised, almost daring her to do it. And so she did. The white sparks flew out of her dark crimson wand. The shape of her patronus was not one I expected to see, a small wolf , galloping elegantly around the classroom.The class erupted in awe and a few claps were spread around.I'd only ever seen one person with a patronus like that. Me.

As the class was dismissed, Miss Black came up to me.
"Hell of a lesson you put on today, the kids need to know how to protect themselves" she said catching my eye, hers shining brightly.

" Thank you Rosie , I see it as a valuable lesson, I say you have a rather beautiful patronus."I couldn't stop myself from mentioning it. I must get to the bottom of it.

"Why thank you Remus! Wolfs are the most gracious animals to roam the woods, I guess it resembles my elegance" she said winking at me ,cheekily.

Choking on air,I coughed " Yes,rather elegant" I said chuckling.

"It's very kind of you to offer up your free time to teach Harry" Miss Black said with a tone of curiosity.

" Yes I feel I owe it to him, mostly to his father" I heaved sinking into my chair.

"We're you close to James then?"

How does she know his name? I was adamant that I'd never once said it. "Did you know him?" I deflected the question.

I could see her face change into a look of confusion as she realised she said his name." Oh yes I knew him, cheeky little nuisance he was," Rosie said laughing "My brother knew him quite well" and with that she turned on her heel and walked out of my classroom.

Her brother? I was with James nearly everyday and he'd never mention anyone else bar the 4 us. James, Sirius, Peter and me. The Marauders.

The next few weeks flew by. Harry worked exceptionally hard with me, getting better everyday until he managed his first patronus.A stag, just like his father.

Me and Rosie were getting closer everyday and I enjoyed her company thoroughly. We laughed  and talked about students, talking about our favourites.

" I particularly like Hermione Granger, real strong independent woman and fantastically clever" Rosie said while scoffing away on shortbread.

"Rather like yourself then" ,stunted at what I said I could feel myself starting to blush, but to my surprise Miss Black was also blushing,turning away to hide it.

"If I'm not content and trustful of myself, how am I supposed to expect the same off others?"she said rhetorically, and with that being the last word said,she returned back to helping me mark papers.

The sentence was constantly in my mind. I admired Rosie. I guess I was jealous at her high self esteem,yet she was perfectly reasoned to be. She was beautiful.Thinking to myself I sighed,knowing my self confidence was lower than hell it's self.