It is now

The rest of the Death Eaters fled the scene, while the few left attacked us. Ron and Hermione sprinted off to find Harry, I was happy he had such loyal friends. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a fat stumpy man sneak down the corridor.

"Sirius! Oi Sirius! Pettigrews gone down that way!" I yelled. Sirius turned and looked at me and nodded. He set off in that direction and I set to follow.

"Be careful Remus!" Rosie shouted after me and I smiled before chasing the traitor.

Me and Sirius ran up the large flight of stairs until we reached a dead end. Peter stood biting his nails with fear in his eyes.

"Hello again, rat! No escaping this time!" Sirius hissed. He was angry, mad. So was I, this man deserves every awful thing in the world.

"Incarcerous!" I bellowed. The long ropes flew out my wand and tied Peter up. He fell to the floor in his struggles and Sirius kicked him in the stomach. Then the face. Then the stomach. He continued and each kick was getting harder. It was an ugly sight but I understand why he did it.

"Now now Padfoot, let's just get rid of this gremlin" I said placing my hand on his shoulder. He looked at me, his eyes were full of anger but calmed at my touch.

"Al-alright... together?"

"Together."

The relief was felt by the pair of us when we killed Pettigrew. It wasn't the same trauma of killing Greyback, this somehow felt deeper. We returned to the Hall where everyone was cheering.

"What the hells going on?" The puzzled look on Sirius's face resembled mine. Regulus came sauntering over with the biggest smile on his face. I'd never seen him smile so much.

"He's dead" was all he said. I smirked and let out a sigh of relief. It was finally all over.

"Yeah I know, me and Remus just killed him, he's not that special" Sirius said still frowning. I laughed and Regulus looked at me confused.

"Sirius you're barking up the wrong tree" I said between laughs. He frowned at me and then it clicked.

"OH FUCK YEAH! VOLDYS DEAD!VOLDYS DEAD!VOLDYS DEAD!" He chanted pounding his fist in the air. I was barrelling over in laughter. I was happy, truly happy.

"Oh what's more dear brother I'm afraid you didn't get to kill dear Severus" Regulus heaved.

"Well where is he!? I'll do it right now!" Sirius yielded his wand. Regulus put his arm on his brothers, pushing it down.

"Voldemort killed him" He said gently.

"BLOODY HELL THIS IS THE BEST DAY EVER! NO MORE SNIVELLUS!"

"Oh and another thing," Regulus smiled at his brother before continuing," our dear cousin Bellatrix is dead, Molly killed her."

"HOLY MERLINS LEFT TIT! THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE! MOLLY! OI MOLLY! MARRY ME WILL YOU!?" Sirius shouted across to Mrs Weasley,who winked back at him.

"Sirius, will you please stop yelling, I dont want this baby to think it's coming into an aggressive family" A smiling Rosie appeared next to me. I gave her a kiss on her forehead before pulling her into my side.

"Right... hello there Sirius Jr, can you say Padfoot?"Sirius tentatively spoke while crouched in front of Rosie's stomach. I rolled my eyes.

"Padfoot, they're not even born yet, how could they speak?"

"Well I'm sorry I didn't know your child wasn't talented did I ?"He rolled his and walked away with Regulus who weakly smiled and apology.

"Did you catch Peter?" Rosie asked.

"He's taken care of you" I replied kissing her lips gently. I was fully aware we were making out in front of hundreds of people, but I didn't care. I had all I need right in front of me.

"Oh while you were away, I thought about our wedding" Rosie spoke.

"You thought of our wedding on the day of a battle?" I frowned but chuckled. Crazy woman.

"Of course i did! Anyway, I was thinking of next week" She said purely. Next bloody week!?

"Next week? Oh... right... sure why the heck not!" I beamed. We discussed our plans a little further. It was to be where Lily and James got married at the little church near Godrichs Hollow. That way a part of them could be there to see it.

"I've had a thought as well" I said while playing with Rosies hair.

"Oh yeah and what's that?" She hummed in response.

"Who the godparents of our child is going to be. I was thinking of Harry and Ginny, did you have anyone else in mind?"

She thought for a moment before shaking her head.
"No I was thinking about them two, they'll definitely be protected" she laughed. I smiled at the thought of Harry with a child. Probably react the same way James did which was treating it as an animal.

"EVERYONE PARTY AT ROSIE AND REMUS'S HOUSE" Sirius yelled standing on top of a chair. I looked at Rosie and she looked furious.

"Sirius I dont think we-" I began to talk but people were already apperating away,I'm guessing to our house.

"Bloody brothers. Pain in the ass" Rosie rambled on about her siblings and I nodded peacefully as we walked along the bridge way. It's not that I wasn't interested I was just lost in thought about how much my life had changed. From a battered scared 5 year old, a broken and alone young adult, to a happy engaged soon to be father. It felt right, it felt amazing. No other woman could make me feel the way that Rosie did. Love doesn't sum up how I feel for her, nothing compares, it's indescribable.

The party was a success. It was handy being a wizard so that all the broken and messy furniture could easily be fixed. We celebrated the lives lost in honour. George and the rest of the Weasleys were quiet and drank a lot more than anyone else. They were a family, a pact, it was devastating that they lost such a significant part of their lives, especially George.

Harry,as predicted, panicked when we told him we'd like him to be godfather. Ginny was chuffed and more calm then her boyfriend.

I didn't drink because so didn't want Rosie to feel left out, I'd also decided to permanently stop smoking, something I should of done years ago.

The night ended and me and Rosie cuddled under the sheets in bed.

"I love you soon to be Mrs Lupin" I whispered, kissing her head.

"Who says I'm taking your last name?" She retorted. I chocked on air and started grumbling apologies and excuses before she interrupted me.

"Shhh, I'm just messing. I'll happily take your name, anything to be rid of the cursed Blacks."