Old friend

The next few months flew by before I knew it, the last month of school was here. A whole year teaching and no students harmed. I was proud and content with myself, yes I had help with the Wolfsbane, however I'd lasted the longest I've ever in a job. Maybe life is finally going right for me.

Me and Rosie still close as ever worked hard on improving the students and we'd seen massive jumps in grades. We were a fabulous team.

It was a cold misty evening and I was restlessly trying to sleep.Giving up I put on a comfy sweater and went for a walk around the school grounds. I'd never not be in awe of the scenery of Hogwarts. The perfectly sculptured building, with the vast lake peacefully in the background. This was my home and always will be.

As I was making my way back to my room I saw a light in the dark corridor. Wand at the ready I approached. Getting closer I realised there was two people. Snape and Harry. What the merlin were they doing out at this time?

"Is everything alright here?" I asked giving a Harry a smile.

"Ah Professor Lupin, going for a stroll in the moonlight are we?" Snape sneered in his monotone voice.Will he ever give it a rest?
"I discovered Potter here, walking down the corridor, after curfew,carrying a suspicious piece of paper.

Snape handed it to me. I recognised it immediately, holding my breath trying not to give myself away.

"It's harmless Snape, a pranksters prize possession, insults anyone who tries to take it" I chuckled, hoping to sound convincing.

"Nonsense, it's clearly full of dark magic" Snape said pointing his wand on the parchment.

"Nevertheless, I shall take it and inspect it further, Harry would you come with me please" I said, nodding in the direction to my office.

Harry scuffled along behind me. How did he get this?

"Harry, I'm deeply ashamed you never handed this in once you discovered it, do you know how much danger you may have put yourself in,had Sirius Black got hold of this!?" A twang in my chest at the name of an old friend.

Harry gazed down at the floor, clearly not expecting to be told off by me.I'll admit I've been easy on the boy, he's been through a lot, every time I look at him I see James.

"Sorry sir" Harry muttered and started walking back to his dormitory. Just as he reached the door, he turned around and said " Just so you know sir, the maps not always right, it showed someone I believed to be dead."

" And who may that be Harry?" I said curiously.

"Peter Pettigrew"

My eyes were wide and my mouth was nearly touching the floor, " That's not possible" I gasped.

"Just what I saw sir, goodnight" he left with nothing else to say.

Peter was dead. Sirius had murdered him the same night as Lily and James were killed. The only salvaged part of him was a finger. I set the map down on the table, " I solemnly swear that im up to no good." The map revealed the location of all teachers locations. To my horror walking off Hogwarts grounds, was Peter Pettigrew.

The last few days I had no sleep at all, not just because of the shock that the map had revealed, but also because the full moon was today. I decided it was best to not teach today as people would ask questions about my sickly appearance.

As the day went by, night time was fast approaching.Sitting at my desk marking papers, movement on the map caught my eye.Peter Pettigrew was in the Whomping Willow.

Wasting no time,  I rushed myself over to the Willow, casting the spell that would stop myself from getting thwacked by the trees wailing branches. Sprinting inside the whole at the bottom of the tree to then go up some rustic steps, I burst into the broken room my ears full of fear.Ron and Hermione were crouched in fear in the back corner ,while mawled on the floor was Harry and another man.Casting "Expelliarmus" the two separated from each other. What I witnessed next was what my nightmares and dreams were consisted of. Sirius Black, my old friend.