Part 13

**Gulf's POV**

I know what I did to Mew yesterday was a complete dick move but I didn't know what else to do but ignore him.

I just don't know what to say to him. Which is exactly why I did the exact same thing today during first period. It is currently lunch time and I decided to hide in the library again. All I have to do is stay in here for 30 min and then go to class without seeing his face again and I am good to go.

Walking over to the literature section, I comb through the selection of books until I find one that's slightly over my head. I reach up on my toes to try and grab it but someone beats me to It and lifts it off the shelf over my head. I turn around to say thank you, When I do I actually stop breathing for a second.

Mew: Raising an eyebrow at me. "Who knew you were so good at hide and seek."

Gulf: Feeling slightly panicked. "What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be in the cafeteria right now?"

Mew: He leans against the book shelf and looks at me up and down. "Nope, I asked everyone that came out of your previous class if they had seen you and one guy told me that you were headed to the library."

Dammit...

I try to turn around and walk away the other way but he moves quicker than me and corners me against the book shelf with his arms blocking my way and his face awfully close to my ear.

Mew: "I won't let you run away from again, we are going to talk about this."

I look away from him and stare across the hallway beginning to panic hoping somebody will walk past. If he kisses me, I won't be able to hold back."

Gulf: My voice kind of shaky. "I'm doing this for both of our sakes. Why can't you see that?"

I try to pull on his arm to my left to let me go, but he is not budging one bit...

Gulf: "Why can't you just go find someone else to bother. I don't want to do this with you anymore"

Mew: He angrily shakes my shoulders. "LIAR!"

Feeling slightly afraid that he raised his voice at me, I stand still and just look at my feet, not knowing what to say...

Mew: Sounding really tired and hurt. "Why... I will leave you alone if you give me an actual reason and not another bullshit like everything else you've already said..."

How does he know that I don't mean anything that I'm saying, well except for the trying to keep my good grades part.

Gulf: I take a deep breath and let out the words that I hate myself the most for. "I'm afraid to fall in love again..."

Mew: He relaxes a bit, now looking kind of worried. "Why?"

Gulf: "The last person I loved died. What if that happens again? What if they can't love me back. What if im just not good enough to be loved. What if..."

Mew: He cuts me off with a soft quick kiss and then pulls back slightly. "All of your fears are understandable, but how can you know the answer to them if you don't even try. What if I told you that I was falling in love with you. Can you let go of your irrational fears and just let me take care of you. I promise, I don't plan on dying for a very long time."

I feel the tears running down my face and I look at him trying to read his face to see if hes lying or not. To my surprise, I think he was being completely honest.

Gulf: "I'm scared..."

He leans away from the book shelf and holds his arms wide open and greets me with a warm smile.