Part 37

**Mew's POV**

I smack my pen against the table as my coworkers continue to talk about a project we've been working on for the past 2 years. Today is the deadline for one of the biggest Multimillion company partnerships that we needed to snag before my dad lost his mind.

Yep I've been working for my dad for about 5 years now. Perth called me one day and asked me to take over for him. He said that he wanted to find his own path in life. Me being me, I told him that it was okay and honestly it hasn't been too bad. Ever since I started to take over, dad has left Gulf and I alone which allowed me to ask him to marry me and the pay is a nice plus.

Since we got married everything has been really smooth. I'm glad that we settled down. I just feel bad that we ended up loosing contact with Gun and Off.

Speaking of that...

I really miss my brother.

In the past 8 years I have heard from my brother 3 times.

Once was when he asked me to take over the family business.

The second was when Gulf and I got married and he told us congratulations

And the third was about 2 years ago... He wasn't doing so well and needed someone to talk to. I guess he had gone on a date for the first time in 6 years and then he felt guilty right after. I tried to tell him that he had nothing to be guilty about but no matter how many times I told him that he just mumbled about missing Kaownah and then he hung up on me...

I feel bad for him but I just wish he would confine in me more...

As I tune out of my thoughts and start to pay attention again I notice that my coworker was on the phone and then he hangs up and throws his arms in the air in excitement.

Steve: "WE GOT IT!!"

What?

We actually got the deal?

Mew: Jumping up from my seat as I'm being filled with excitement. "We actually got it?"

He nods his head and we all start to cheer.

I'm so glad!

It's good to know that I didn't waist all of those late nights and overtimes for nothing.

I miss Gulf so much but now I won't be as busy anymore!

That thought reminded me that today was the meeting with the adoption agency.

Shit, I need to get home!

Mew: Gathering all of my documents on the desk and looking at my watch. "I am so glad that we got this deal guys but I really need to head home! We can go out to celebrate this weekend. I'll see you guys at work tomorrow!"

I wave at them as I pick up my suit jacket from my chair and turn to walk out.

Steve: Clasps my shoulder and starts to grin. "Why are you in such a rush Mew? Something big going on?"

Mew: I start to smile. "I find out if I'm going to be a dad today."

Steve: He drops his hand. "Hey congratulations man, I bet you and Gulf are excited."

Mew: I point to the door and start to laugh. "Yea that's why I need to leave. I'll see you guys tomorrow." I wave at everyone as I turn the corner yelling. "Goodnight everyone."

Jogging to my car, I throw my documents into the passenger seat and start to head home.

I really hope we were approved!