Part 40

**Perth's POV**

I had just finished taking care of a patient when my phone starts to ring.

Who the hell could be calling me right now? I only have 5 people in my phone.

After I left home and went to the United states, I cut ties with everyone except my brother and even then I didn't contact him much. I think it's only been three times. 

I just couldn't face anyone. After I finished my first year of college, I realized that I wanted to live my life to the fullest so Kaownah could be proud of what I became. So I begged my brother to take over the family business and I went to medical school. Now I'm legally known as Dr. Suppasit but it just sounds weird when people call me that so I make them drop the formality's and just call me Perth.

Before I started working at this hospital, I decided to take 6 month off to travel the world and try to make as many memory's in as many places as I could because I remember Kaownah saying that he wanted to travel.

I miss him so much, but no matter how much I tried to move on I just couldn't. It feels like he's still with me and that makes it hard to not love anyone but him.

About 2 years ago I had attempted to go on a date with one of my coworkers. He was my first friend that I had made at this job but after we ate dinner we ended up back at his place and had some drinks we got handsy and I just couldn't do it. I ended up leaving without a word and he avoided me for 6 months. 

Were good now but it was really awkward. 

I haven't slept with anyone but Kaownah and I don't think I can. It's been 8 years already and I still can't...

Actually every year on his birthday I go home to visit his grave but nobody knows about that...

I take a deep breath as I try to pull myself together and look down at my phone, yep...

It's Mew...

At first he would call me every day without an answer but now he's learned to only call me if there's news or a problem.

I just don't want to be a burden. I want him to be happy.

I slowly press the answer button and bring the phone up to my face as I look around to make sure nobody needs me.

Perth: "Hello?"

Mew: "Perth? Hey how have you been?"

Perth: "I'm doing okay, the same as usual. Was there something you wanted or no? I am kind of busy at the moment..."

Mew: "Yea, I just wanted you to be the first one to know that Gulf and I are going to be parents in 3 months. We were approved for an adoption today."

Perth: "Hey that's good! I'm happy for you guys. Do you know if it's going to be a girl or boy yet?"

Mew: "No not yet, we asked them not to tell us because we wanted to be surprised."

Perth: "That's really cool."

Tong: taps on my shoulder and points across the hall as people rush in with a guy on a stretcher bleeding out. "Hey, Perth we need you right away. Everyone else is busy at the moment. I know you just got out of an operation but we could really use your help."

Perth: "Hey don't worry about it, I'll be there in a minute."

Feeling kind of bad for having to hang up early because I really was happy for Mew and Gulf.

Perth: "Hey Mew, I really think that's amazing and I'm happy for you but I have to go. We just got an emergency operation. I'll call you again soon, I promise. Bye."