Paper rings part 1 (Peter Parker)

So this is based off a tik tok! I couldn't figure out how to share the video but here's a screenshot so you can find her awesome video! It's stark reader x Peter Parker. Peter and reader are soulmates and are connected through music.

Here we go!

——

Peter slammed his locker shut, leaning his head against it as the infuriating music played in his head.

Again.

"Your soulmate still listening to that song by Taylor Swift?" Ned asked, patting him on the shoulder.

"Yes. She plays it all the time." Peter groaned as he resituated his bag. "I'm literally so tired of it."

"Not gonna lie, Taylor Swift is a good singer." Ned shrugged, evading the other students in the hallway. "You're lucky that's what she likes."

Peter frowned, knowing Ned had no idea how exasperating it was. "Five times a day Ned. And that's on a lucky day."

Flash shouldered him as he passed, Peter rubbing his arm in slight pain.

Don't get him wrong, he was happy to know that he had a soul mate. Ecstatic even. Some people weren't as lucky. But the same song... every single day...

Peter continued. "How does she have all this time to listen to it? Doesn't she ever have school?"

Ned thought for a bit. "Maybe... she's a billionaire!"

His friend gave him an absurd look. "A billionaire? Be real, Ned. I'll be lucky if she's nice."

They both walked into their first hour class, words growing quieter as to not attract any attention.

"It makes sense though." Ned argued as they sat down. "She plays it all the time, even during school hours! Mine stops."

"What does she play?" Peter asked, hoping it would distract him from the infuriating lyrics. He would be surprised if his soulmate wasn't a hopeless romantic.

"Mostly Hamilton." He shrugged as if it were nothing. "I can understand all the words to Guns and Ships now."

Peter glared out of jealously. "You get more than one song though! I have to listen to paper rings all the time!" He slid further down in his seat, ignoring the glare his teacher sent him.

I like shiny things

But I'd marry you with paper rings

He groaned and clutched his head.

Why couldn't his soulmate like something a little more diverse? Something more tolerable?

He missed the days when she listened to disney songs. Sure, it was annoying then as well, but now he missed it. She must have had a playlist or something because it always played in the same order. It always started with Mulan and ended with Moana. Always. It never failed.

Now it was always the same.

————-

"Uh huh, that's right!" You sang loudly from your room, clutching a hairbrush as a microphone. You stood right in the middle of your bed, pointing at the robot your father had sent to time out."Darlin! You're the one I want!"

You jumped off the bed, dancing to the overly happy music and shaking your hips.

The small robot in the corner extended his one metal arm, handing you the dunce hat.