Paper rings pt 2

Your hope was quickly fading.

  There were no more home made Taylor swift concerts.

  No more headphones.

  No more following after your busy father.

  No more New York themed songs.

   No more peppering Jarvis with questions.

  No more theories.

   No more plans.

   No inventions.

   Nothing.

   Pepper noticed when you stopped coming from your room. Especially when it was when you needed to eat. She just found food missing from the cabinet every now and then.

  It took Peter a whole week to notice.

   For a smart guy... he was incredibly dense. 

   He was simply enjoying the peace of being able to think without music in the background.

   What tipped him off to the cause of the sudden change was the fact that Taylor swift was releasing a new CD... and you weren't listening to any of it. You had done that with all the other songs. Every single one. You missed none.

   So he brought it up to Ned.

   "Sudden change in music taste...M.I.A for a week... no Taylor swift..." Ned licked his ice cream cone in thought, walking with Peter down the street. "Sounds like she's sad."

  "Why would she be sad?" Peter frowned as he lost interest in his ice cream. "This hasn't happened before. Ever!" 

   "Maybe..." Ned paused to search for things to say... "maybe it involves you this time." 

   "Me?" Peter scoffed. "No way. I haven't done anything to make her feel like that. I've never met her!"

  "Maybe that's her problem: you've done nothing and you've never met her." Ned grinned to himself. "I should write a book with all my advice." 

   Peter punched his shoulder lightly. "I don't think that's it." 

   "How can you be so chill about this?" Ned wondered as he rubbed his aching arm, dodging other walking pedestrians. "It's weird. Don't you want to meet her?"

   Peter rolled his eyes. "I do. But not now. I'm not ready. So it's chill."

  It wasn't chill. 

  In fact, it was keeping Peter from sleeping. 

  He rolled over in his bed that night, knowing he should play something for his soulmate. Something to let her know he was there. 

   But what would she think of him? 

  What if she judged his music choice?

  What if they met in real life? 

  What if she realized that... he wasn't worth anyone's time.

   What if she decided he wasn't good enough?

What if she found someone else and left him with emptiness in his chest?